GAME: Cincinnati Bengals (7-5) vs. Oakland Raiders (2-10)
WHEN: Sunday, December 10th, 1 p.m.
BROADCAST: CBS with Gus Johnson and Steve Tasker. Sirius: 155 (Oakland), 144 (Cincinnati)
SB NATION: Silver and Black Pride
The Oakland Raiders lead the Bengals 17-7 in the all-time series. Oakland has won the past three games against Cincinnati including a 23-20 win on September 14th, 2003 -- Sebastian Janikowski kicked a 39-yard FG with nine seconds left in the game. The last time the Raiders came to Cincinnati, November 5th, 1995, the Raiders compiled 184 yards rushing on their way to a 20-17 win.
- Bengals legend Carson Palmer has passed for three touchdowns in three of his past four games. Has a passer rating of 94.0 or better in eight of his past ten games.
- Palmer is tied with Peyton Manning with 22 touchdowns passing.
- You know the story, when Rudi Johnson carries the ball 25 times or more in a game, the Bengals are undefeated (16-0).
- With one more 100-yard game, Rudi will tie James Brooks for second-most 100-yard games in franchise history. Flippin' Burgers Dillon leads the franchise with 28.
- With 1,146 yards receiving, Chad Johnson leads the NFL. If he leads the league in yards receiving, he'll be the first Bengals receiver to do so. Ever.
- Already tied for most 100-yard receiving games with Isaac Curtis (21), Chad's next 100-yard game will give him the most in Bengals history.
- Chad and T.J. Houshmandzadeh each have seven touchdown receptions.
- Houshmandzadeh's 23 third down receptions is tied for second most in the league.
- The Bengals defense has allowed only one touchdown in the past eight quarters.
- Robert Geathers (8.5) and Justin Smith (7.0) look to become the first Bengals duo to have 10 sacks apiece since 1981 -- Reggie Williams (11)and Eddie Edwards (10).
- If Geathers reaches 10 sacks for a season, he'll be the first Bengal to record 10 sacks since 1992 -- Alfred Williams (10).
- Kevin Kaesviharn is tied for third in the NFL with six interceptions.
- Three of their past four losses have been within one-possession scores.
- In nine career December road starts, Aaron Brooks has thrown at least one touchdown in all nine games -- only two games with an interception.
- When Brooks completes 60% of his passes on the road, his team is 8-5.
- Justin Fargas is averaging 4.5 yards per carry in his career during December games (33 attempts).
- Watch for Zack Crockett on third down and one -- he's converted four of five attempts.
- In ReShard Lee's last game, he record career highs in rushing (42 yards) and receiving (57).
- In his only game against Cincinnati, Randy Moss caught four passes for 99 yards and a touchdown (November 15th, 1998 with Minnesota). His touchdown came on a 61-yard pass.
- In his past two December games, Ronald Curry has 12 receptions for 173 yards and two touchdowns. Curry leads the team with 15 third down receptions.
- The Raiders defense hasn't allowed more than 17 points in six of their past eight games.
- Derrick Burgess (10 sacks) is the first Raider since Lance Johnston (1998-99) to record back-to-back 10 sack seasons.
- Burgess' 10 sacks is tied for fifth in the NFL.
- Warren Sapp has recorded five sacks in his past seven games.
|Points Scored||24.2 (7th)||12.2 (31st)|
|Passing||245.0 (4th)||143.6 (31st)|
|Rushing||97.2 (26th)||101.4 (22nd)|
|Total Offense (yards gained)||342.2 (8th)||245.0 (dead last)|
|Points Allowed||20.0 (13th)||20.2 (14th)|
|Passing||243.6 (32nd)||143.0 (1st)|
|Rushing||114.3 (15th)||132.8 (25th)|
|Total Defense (yards allowed)||357.9 (31st)||275.8 (3rd)|