Game: St. Louis Rams (3-9) at Cincinnati Bengals (4-8)
Series Leader: Series tied at 5-5
Streak: Rams, past three
Coaches vs. Opponent: Lewis: 0-1. Linehan: 0-0
Broadcast: FOX (1:00 PM ET): Pat Summerall, Brian Baldinger. SIRIUS: 114 (St.L.), 107 (Cin.). DirectTV: 705
SB Nation: Turf Show Times
NFL.com: Game Center
Weather: Showers (30%) with a high of 66 [Weather.com]
- Against the NFC, the Marvin Lewis led Bengals are 12-6.
- When Carson Palmer throws for three touchdowns or more, the Bengals are 12-2. In 12 games against the NFC, Palmer is 8-4 completing 287 of 436 passes for 3,159 yards, 25 touchdowns and 13 picks (93.8 passer rating).
- When Rudi Johnson rushes for 100 yards or more, the Bengals are 15-4. With a touchdown, Rudi will have rushed for a touchdown in three straight games. In his past two games, Rudi has rushed 39 times for 122 yards.
- T.J. Houshmandzadeh is leading the league with 88 receptions with at least one touchdown in nine of the 12 games this season -- 11 total.
- Chad Johnson ranks 3rd in the AFC and 4th in the NFL with 1,127 yards receiving. He's averaging 138 yards-per-game in his past three games against the NFC.
- When the defense records at least two interceptions, the Bengals are 21-5 since 2003.
- Leon Hall is tied among NFL rookies with four interceptions.
- With an interception, Johnathan Joseph will have at least one interception in three straight games.
St. Louis Rams
- In 17 career starts against AFC teams, Marc Bulger has completed 371 of 572 passes for 4,651 yards, 27 touchdowns and 14 interceptions (95.5 passer rating). When Bulger has a 95 or better passer rating, the Rams are 19-11.
- When Steven Jackson carries the ball 24 times or more, the Rams are 8-1. In his past seven games against the AFC, Jackson has 987 yards from scrimmage (141 per game) and seven touchdowns. He looks to continue a streak of rushing touchdowns against AFC teams. A touchdown will extend that streak to five games.
- In his last game against the Bengals, Torry Holt had 10 receptions for 124 yards receiving and a touchdown. Holt has 12 100-yard games against AFC teams in his career.
- In his last game against the Bengals, Isaac Bruce had six receptions for 152 yards receiving.
- Oshiomogho Atogwe looks to intercept his fifth pass in five straight games.
- Will Witherspoon has six sacks in the past five games.
|Total||351.8 (7th)||300.4 (25th)|
|Passing||262.6 (4th)||208.7 (16th)|
|Rushing||89.2 (26th)||91.8 (24th)|
|Scoring||24.2 (7th)||16.3 (t-27th)|
|Total||357.2 (29th)||330.2 (17th)|
|Passing||238.2 (26th)||220.9 (20th)|
|Rushing||118.9 (23rd)||109.3 (19th)|
|Scoring||26.3 (29th)||24.8 (27th)|
|Sacks||18.0 (30th)||26.0 (t-15th)|
|Interceptions||14 (t-10th)||12 (t-19th)|
|Fumble Recovery||13 (t-4th)||8 (t-17th)|
|Kickoff Return||23.6 (t-12th)||23.6 (t-12th)|
|Punt Return||6.2 (31st)||12.6 (3rd)|
Against the Rams
|12.21.03||St. Louis||L, 10-27|
|09.01.96||St. Louis||L, 16-26|
|10.07.90||Los Angeles||W, 34-31|
|12.11.78||Los Angeles||W, 20-19 (MNF)|
|11.08.76||Cincinnati||W, 20-12 (MNF)|
|10.22.72||Los Angeles||L, 12-15|
How have the Fantastic Four fared against the Rams?
Note: This is Palmer's first game against the Rams and T.J. has no recorded stats.
* with the Washington Redskins.