Game: Cincinnati Bengals (0-4) @ Dallas Cowboys (3-1)
Series Leader: Cowboys, 5-4
Streak: Bengals won two of the past three
Coaches vs. Opponent: Lewis: 1-0. Phillips: 2-0
Broadcast: CBS (4:15 PM ET): Jim Nantz, Phil Simms. SIRIUS: 126 (Cin.), 119 (Dal.). Direct TV: 713
SB Nation: Blogging the Boys
NFL.com: Game Center
Weather: High of 87, partly cloudy and 10% chance of rain. [Weather.com]
Television Coverage: Most of the nation will see the game. [the 506 TV distribution maps]
Site: We plan on being here.
- When playing the NFC East, the Bengals are 4-1 during Marvin Lewis tenure.
- Carson Palmer is 9-6 when starting against NFC teams, completing 354 of 535 passes for 3,886 yards passing, 27 touchdowns and 15 interceptions (92.6 passer rating). In his last meeting against the Cowboys, Palmer posted a 94.8 passer rating.
- Chris Perry's touchdown streak of two games, ended last week against the Browns.
- Kenny Watson is averaging 5.1 yards per game in his last five meetings against the NFC.
- In his last two games against the NFC, T.J. Houshmandzadeh has 17 receptions for 208 yards receiving and a touchdown.
- In his past six games against the NFC, Chad Johnson is averaging 105.5 yards receiving per game.
- With a reception, Chad Johnson will increase his receptions-per-game streak to 97.
- Tony Romo has won five of his six career starts against AFC teams, aiming for a third 100+ passer rating performance against the AFC.
- When Romo has a 100+ passer rating, the Cowboys are 15-2.
- When Marion Barber rushes 11 times or more, the Cowboys are 22-1. Barber has 33 touchdowns in his past 35 games (28 rushing, 5 receiving) -- including nine touchdowns in his past eight games against the AFC.
- In three games against the Cincinnati Bengals, Terrell Owens has 21 receptions for 366 yards receiving and two touchdowns (45 yards, 58 yards). With a touchdown, Owens will have four receiving touchdowns against the AFC -- has 19 TDs in his past 21 games against the AFC.
- Since 2004, Jason Witten has 340 receptions and 3,999 yards receiving; most by any Tight End in the NFC. Witten is tied for the lead with nine receptions on third down.
- DeMarcus Ware has a sack in seven straight games, and eight in the past seven games. He has 3.5 sacks in the past four games against the AFC.
- Greg Ellis has 14.5 sacks in his past 17 games; and three sacks in his past three games against the AFC.
- Cornerback Anthony Henry looks to intercept a pass against the Bengals for a third consecutive game.
- Jay Ratliff has a sack in two of his past three games.
|Total||231.8 (31st)||416.0 (2nd)|
|Passing||149.5 (29th)||292.0 (3rd)|
|Rushing||82.2 (30th)||124.0 (13th)|
|Scoring||13.0 (30th)||30.0 (3rd)|
|Total||330.0 (19th)||314.2 (11th)|
|Passing||165.8 (4th)||210.8 (18th)|
|Rushing||164.2 (28th)||103.5 (16th)|
|Scoring||21.8 (17th)||22.2 (18th)|
|Sacks||2.0 (32nd)||12.0 (t-6th)|
|QB Rating||81.3 (16th)||91.0 (22nd)|
|Interceptions||1 (t-22nd)||0 (t-32nd)|
|Kickoff Return||26.2 (5th)||24.2 (14th)|
|Punt Return||10.3 (11th)||4.2 (31st)|
|Punting (Net)||34.7 (30th)||40.4 (7th)|