Game: Cincinnati Bengals (0-7) at Houston Texans (2-4)
Series Leader: Bengals, 3-0
Streak: Bengals have won all three games in the series.
Coaches vs. Opponent: Lewis: 2-0. Kubiak (0-0)
Broadcast: CBS (3:05 PM CT): Gus Johnson, Steve Tasker. SIRIUS: 119 (Cin.), 126 (Hou.). XM: 108
(Hou). Direct TV: 713
SB Nation: Battle Red Blog
NFL.com: Game Center
Weather: Hi of 84 and mostly sunny.
Television Coverage: Very limited coverage. Probably the smallest viewing area of the week. [the 506 TV distribution maps]
Site: We plan on being here.
The last time the Bengals played the Texans, the game was in Cincinnati and the Bengals won 16-10 on October 2, 2005. Carson Palmer passed for 276 yards and a score. Shayne Graham kicked three field goals and Rudi Johnson recorded 88 yards rushing.
The last time the Bengals played the Texans in Houston, the Bengals won 34-27 on November 9, 2003 after Cincinnati scored 10 fourth quarter points. Rudi Johnson recorded a franchise-record 43 rush attempts and 182 yards rushing and two touchdowns.
The first meeting between the two teams occurred during the Bengals 2-14 season. Beating the Texans 38-3 on November 3, 2002, the Bengals won their first game of the season.
Add all that together, and we're talking premonition.
- In his first meeting against the Texans (while playing with the Rams in 2005), Ryan Fitzpatrick completed 19 of 30 passes for 310 yards passing and three touchdowns.
- In his past two games this season, Fitzpatrick has completed 60.3 percent of his passes (41 of 68) for 316 yards passing and a touchdown. No picks thrown.
- Kenny Watson has one career start against the Texans (while with the Redskins in 2002) and gained 110 yards rushing on 20 attempts.
- T.J. Houshmandzadeh looks to record his sixth straight game with six receptions or more.
- In his last meeting against the Texans, Houshmandzadeh had eight receptions for 105 yards receiving.
- With a reception, Chad Johnson will record a reception in 100 consecutive games.
- Antwan Odom has 3.5 career sacks against the Houston Texans (most against any opponent).
- Dating back to November 11, 2007, the Texans have won six of their past seven games at home.
- In the last four games, the Texans are averaging 27.8 points per game.
- In his past three games, quarterback Matt Schaub has averaged 317.7 passing yards per game with six touchdowns and only two picks (104.3 passer rating).
- Rookie running back Steve Slaton ranks third in the NFL among rookie running backs with 423 yards rushing on 89 attempts and four touchdowns.
- Andre Johnson is averaging 150 yards receiving in his past three games, and aims for a fourth consecutive 100-yard receiving game (131, 178, 141).
- In his past eight games at home, Andre Johnson is averaging 119.3 yards receiving.
- Tight End Owen Daniels leads all AFC tight ends with 29 receptions and 374 yards receiving.
- Since 2007, Mario Williams ranks third in the NFL with 20 sacks (DeMarcus Ware 23, Jared Allen 20.5). Williams has four sacks in his past three games.
|Total||225.6 (32nd)||369.5 (5th)|
|Passing||151.7 (29th)||249.5 (6th)|
|Rushing||73.9 (31st)||120.0 (12th)|
|Scoring||14 (31st)||23.3 (14th)|
|Total||331.4 (19th)||338.8 (22nd)|
|Passing||179.1 (6th)||216.8 (17th)|
|Rushing||152.3 (27th)||122.0 (22nd)|
|Scoring||26 (25th)||29.8 (31st)|
|Sacks||5.0 (31st)||9.0 (t-27th)|
|QB Rating||89.5 (21st)||103.6 (28th)|
|20-Yard Passes Allowed||12 (t-3rd)||19 (t-24)|
|Interceptions||4 (t-19th)||3 (t-25th)|
|Kickoff Return||25.7 (t-3rd)||21.3 (23rd)|
|Punt Return||8.4 (20th)||10.6 (12th)|
|Punting (Net)||34.4 (t-27th)||37.2 (t-20th)|
Carson Palmer (just FYI since he's not playing)