Game: Detroit Lions (2-9) at Cincinnati Bengals (8-3)
Series Leader: Bengals 6-3
Streak: Bengals have won three straight and six of the past seven
Coaches vs. Opponent: Lewis: 1-0. Schwartz: 0-0
Broadcast: FOX (1:00 PM ET): Thom Brennaman, Brian Billick, Laura Okmin (Field reporter). SIRIUS: 155 (Det.), 91 (Cin.). XM: 108 (Cin.).
SB Nation: Pride of Detroit
NFL.com: Game Center
Weather: Partly cloudy with a high around 39. [Weather.com]
Television Coverage: State of Ohio, most of Kentucky, West Virginia, eastern Pennsylvania, Michigan and northern Wisconsin. 
LAST GAME: The last time the Bengals played the Lions was December 18, 2005. The Bengals beat the Lions 41-17 in Detroit on their way to sweeping the entire NFC North that season. Palmer recorded three touchdown passes and outgained the Lions 426-270 in total yards. This was the game that the Bengals clinched their first division title in 15 years.
LAST GAME IN CINCINNATI: The last time the Lions played the Bengals in Cincinnati, the Lions beat the Bengals 19-13 behind a 151-yard day by Barry Sanders.
ONE NOTABLE: Cincinnati's own Thom Brennaman is scheduled to broadcast Sunday's game.
- With a win, Marvin Lewis (54-53-1) will tie the legendary Paul Brown (55-59-1) for the second most wins in franchise history. Sam Wyche has 64 wins.
- Bengals look to recorded their fourth straight win when playing the Lions.
- Against the NFC North this season, the Bengals are 2-0 and Carson Palmer has completed 35 of 47 passes for 418 yards and eight touchdowns for a 123.0 passer rating.
- In his only meeting against Detroit, Palmer recorded three touchdown passes and a 95.5 passer rating.
- Cedric Benson only needs 141 yards rushing to record his first 1,000-yard season in his career.
- In his past two games, Bernard Scott is averaging 103 yards-per-game.
- Chad Ochocinco is averaging 104.5 yards receiving against the NFC this year.
- Defense is ranked 1st in the NFL, allowing only 15.8 points-per-game. Rushing defense ranks third, allowing 81.9 yards rushing per game.
- Leon Hall ranks second with 17 passes defensed and Johnathan Joseph is tied for fourth with 15 passes defensed.
- Matthew Stafford leads all NFL rookies with 2,124 yards passing and 12 touchdowns.
- Running back Kevin Smith has recorded 970 yards from scrimmage and needs 30 yards to reach 1,000 in back-to-back seasons.
- In his past three games against the AFC, Smith is averaging 123 yards from scrimmage per game.
- Calvin Johnson looks to record a touchdown in three straight games. Johnson also has four 100-yard receiving games against the AFC, including two of the past three games.
- Tight End Will Heller has a touchdown in two of his past three games.
- Linebacker Julian Peterson recorded a sack and forced fumble last week and has 29 quarterback sacks since 2006.
- Safety Louis Delmas recorded a safety last week (irony!)
- Cornerback Anthony Henry has an interception in two of his past three games against the Bengals.
|Total||332.9 (17th)||308.2 (26th)|
|Scoring||21.0 (16th)||17.5 (25th)|
|Third Downs||42% (11th)||39% (16th)|
|Rushing||135.3 (7th)||96.2 (25th)|
|Rushing TDs||9 (t-15th)||6 (23rd)|
|Passing||197.6 (21st)||212.0 (19th)|
|Passing TDs||15 (t-16th)||13 (t-20th)|
|Sacks Allowed||20 (t-7th)||33 (t-28th)|
|20-yard Passes||28 (20th)||31 (t-16th)|
|Total||297.6 (6th)||394.3 (32nd)|
|Scoring||15.8 (1st)||30.5 (32nd)|
|3rd Downs Allowed||34% (5th)||42% (27th)|
|Rushing||81.9 (3rd)||112.9 (19th)|
|Rushing TDs||5 (6th)||9 (t-16th)|
|Passing||215.7 (16th)||281.4 (32nd)|
|Passing TDs||12 (t-9th)||27 (32nd)|
|Sacks||26 (t-10th)||19 (t-27th)|
|QB Rating||75.5 (6th)||111.8 (32nd)|
|20-Yard Passes Allowed||31 (t-15th)||38 (27th)|
|Interceptions||12 (t-7th)||6 (t-31st)|
|Kickoff Return||22.2 (t-22nd)||20.8 (27th)|
|Punt Return||11.2 (5th)||9.2 (14th)|
|Punting (Net)||37.7 (t-19th)||37.6 (t-22nd)|
|Punts Inside the 20||18 (t-12th)||16 (t-20th)|
2009 STATISTICAL INDIVIDUAL RANKINGS
|Attempts / Game||22.8||1st|
CAREER AGAINST THE DETROIT LIONS