Game: Cincinnati Bengals (10-5) at New York Jets (8-7)
Series Leader: Jets, 13-7
Streak: Jets have won six of the past seven games
Coaches vs. Opponent: Lewis: 1-2. Ryan: 0-0
Broadcast: NBC (8:20 PM ET): Al Michaels, Cris Collinsworth, Andrea Kremer (Field reporter). Westwood One Radio: Dave Sims, James Lofton, Hub Arkush (Field reporter). SIRIUS: 125 (WW1), 126 (Cin.), 127 (NYJ). XM: 102 (WW1), 103 (Cin.), 104 (NYJ).
SB Nation: Gang Green Nation
NFL.com: Game Center
Weather: Flurries, 20-plus MPH winds and a high of 32 [Weather.com]
Television Coverage: THE ENTIRE WORLD!
- Bengals look to win at least 11 games in one season for the fifth time in franchise history.
- In two career games against the Jets, Carson Palmer has completed 32 of 48 passes for 474 yards passing with three touchdowns and a passer rating of 102.3.
- Palmer needs 276 yards passing to reach 19,000 yards for his career.
- Cedric Benson needs 49 yards rushing to become the third Bengals player to reach 1,300 yards in one season.
- In his only game against the Jets, Larry Johnson rushed for 110 yards on nine carries and scored two touchdowns.
- Chad Ochocinco looks to record a touchdown in five straight games.
- Laveranues Coles spent seven seasons with the New York Jets and ranks fourth in franchise history with 459 receptions and fifth in franchise history with 5,941 yards receiving.
- Leon Hall and Johnathan Joseph are the only teammates in the AFC with at least six interceptions each.
New York Jets
- Can clinch a playoff berth with a win Sunday.
- Jets are 10-2 all-time against Cincinnati in New York.
- With 148 yards rushing, the New York Jets can surpass a franchise record 2,646 yards rushing set in 1979.
- Quarterback Mark Sanchez leads all NFL rookies with 2,381 yards passing.
- With two rushing touchdown, Thomas Jones will surpass his franchise record of 13 in 2008. With 12 yards rushing, Jones will also surpass his career high 1,335 yards rushing set in 2005.
- Since 2008, Jones' 25 touchdowns ranks third-most in the NFL.
- Rookie running back Shonn Greene averages five yards rushing per carry.
- Wide receiver Braylon Edwards has five touchdown reception in his past five games against the Bengals. When we went to calculate how many passes he dropped against the Bengals, our laptop lost computing power and had to reboot. We didn't try again.
- Dustin Keller needs five receptions and 23 yards receiving to surpass career-highs in both.
|Total||324.9 (20th)||321.1 (21st)|
|Scoring||20.3 (18th)||20.7 (17th)|
|Third Downs||42 (10th)||35 (24th)|
|Rushing||132.3 (6th)||166.6 (1st)|
|Rushing TDs||9 (t-20th)||17 (t-7th)|
|Passing||192.7 (22nd)||154.5 (30th)|
|Passing TDs||21 (t-16th)||12 (t-29th)|
|Sacks Allowed||26 (t-7th)||30 (t-11th)|
|20-yard Passes||37 (t-20th)||36 (23rd)|
|Total||300.1 (4th)||264.3 (1st)|
|Scoring||16.9 (5th)||15.7 (1st)|
|3rd Downs Allowed||36 (10th)||33 (1st)|
|Rushing||87.7 (2nd)||100.4 (9th)|
|Rushing TDs||8 (t-6th)||11 (t-15th)|
|Passing||212.4 (14th)||163.9 (1st)|
|Passing TDs||18 (t-10th)||8 (1st)|
|Sacks||34 (t-12th)||29 (t-22nd)|
|QB Rating||74.0 (7th)||61.0 (1st)|
|20-Yard Passes Allowed||41 (t-13th)||31 (2nd)|
|Interceptions||19 (t-8th)||16 (t-13th)|
|Kickoff Return||21.2 (26th)||24.5 (t-6th)|
|Punt Return||11.2 (6th)||8.7 (t-14th)|
|Punting (Net)||36.8 (22nd)||37.1 (21st)|
|Punts Inside the 20||22 (t-19th)||24 (t-13th)|
2009 STATISTICAL INDIVIDUAL RANKINGS
|Attempts / Game||23.2||1st|
CAREER AGAINST THE NEW YORK JETS