The Bengals won another snoozefest this week against another awful team, reminiscent of last week's boring win against the awful Browns. But, hey, a win is a win, and a winning season we have secured as the Bengals improved to 9-3 with 4 games to play.
Carson Palmer turned the ball over 3 times. The defense played pretty well, including making a few take aways of its own and scoring a touchdown to help carry the Bengals to victory. Penalties were rampant and a problem. Tackling was a problem at times, too. But the Bengals took care of business, I guess, and style points don't really matter at this point to anyone but the pundits.
Here are some stats, because I'm bored and complacent since the Bengals won easily. Oh yeah, some notable notes... Bengals are the first team ever to have 3 different backs go for over 100 yards in 3 straight games, and they've recorded the biggest 12 game turnaround ever (from 2-11-1 to 9-3).
- Penalties: CIN - 9: 75, DET - 7:45
- Time of Possession: CIN - 38:48, DET - 21:12
- First Downs: CIN - 22, DET - 14
- 3rd Downs: CIN - 6/15, DET - 2/11
- Rushing: CIN - 41 carries, 122 yards, 3.0 ypc, DET - 20 carries, 80 yards, 4 ypc
- Passing: CIN - 17/29, 220, 7.9, 1 TD, 2 INT , DET - 13/29, 192, 5.7 ypc, 1 TD, 2 INT
- QB Pressure (Sacks/Hits): CIN - 3/8 , DET - 2/3
- Secondary (Int/Passes Defensed): CIN - 2/8, DET - 2/5