It's time to stop talking about Denver. We won't see them again for a couple of years. Instead, let's start looking forward to next week's opponent, technically a potential Superbowl preview, the Green Bay Packers.
- Kirkendall put up a post over at the Acme Packing Company (Packers) blog. If you're interested in chatting with Packers fans or reading the Q&A, head over to check it out.
- ESPN's power rankings saw the Bengals slip 2 spots to 26. Jeffri Cahidi surmises that the Bengals are cursed. SI.com hasn't updated its power rankings, but the Bengals were 21 (even though the defense and offense, individually, were ranked at 16 each).
- RotoWorld says Chris Henry is not the 3rd receiver in 3-WR sets, which is why his numbers were low in week 1. Andre Caldwell plays the slot, but really, I expect Ocho/Henry/Caldwell to be the 3 top WR by the end of the year.
- Is Andre Smith's contract reminiscent of Ricky Williams's contract? Jason Cole at Yahoo! Sports thinks so. Late on Tuesday, the Smith contract story was Yahoo's top NFL story.
- After stepping away for a day, Joe Reedy gives a report card on Sunday's game. I think he was a bit generous to Carson Palmer, who unfortunately did not play all that well. He's pretty harsh on the defense though.
- The Stamford Advocate, whatever that is, thinks Carson is a "fantasy" risk this year. I think the world is jumping the gun on Palmer. There's no reason to believe his mental and physical capability have dropped off. I don't buy the bull people say about him being tentative on his formerly injured knee. I think he's suffered without Housh and with a weak o-line, but he's still an elite player.