Note: These primers are not designed to show which teams have a greater advantage, nor are they used to show who could win or lose. They are simply informational and of interest to get you ready for the game. Some stats carry over from the week before, which are updated to this week.
Game: Cincinnati Bengals (0-1) @ Green Bay Packers (1-0)
Series Leader: Series tied at 5-5
Streak: Packers have won three of the past four
Coaches vs. Opponent: Lewis: 1-0. McCarthy 0-0
Broadcast: CBS (12:00 PM CT): Ian Eagle, Rich Gannon. SIRIUS: 147 (GB), 122 (Cin.). XM: 106 (GB).
SB Nation: Acme Packing Company
NFL.com: Game Center
Weather: Partly cloudy, light winds and a high of 76. [Weather.com]
Television Coverage: Most of northern United States, Kentucky and West Virginia. [The 506]
- Dating back to September 18, 2005, the Bengals are looking to win their fifth consecutive game against the NFC North.
- Carson Palmer ranks third in the AFC with 89 touchdowns since 2005.
- Cedric Benson averages 90.4 yards per game on the ground when he rushes the football 20 times or more (his teams are 7-1-1 with 20 rushes or more).
- In his past three games, Benson is averaging 119.3 yards rushing per game.
- Chad Ochocinco is averaging 88.1 yards receiving per game against NFC teams on the road (1,233 yards in 14 games).
- Since 2002, Chad's 8,665 yards receiving ranks second in the NFL (Torry Holt has 8,921 yards).
- With six yards this Sunday, Chad will become the first Bengals player in franchise history to record 9,000 yards receiving.
- Antwan Odom's two sacks last week in Denver tied a career high.
- Andre Caldwell's six receptions for 54 yards receiving last week is a career high.
Green Bay Packers
- Since 1992, the Green Bay Packers are 102-35 (.745) when playing at home -- best in the NFL.
- Quarterback Aaron Rodgers has completed 195 of 290 passes for 2,279 yards, 16 touchdown and 4 interceptions when starting at home -- passer rating of 103.5. Has a 100+ passer rating in six of his nine home starts.
- Running back Ryan Grant has 100 yards rushing or more in four of his past six games at home.
- When Grant rushes 22 times or more (including the playoffs), the Packers are 7-1.
- Wide Receiver Greg Jennings has 25 touchdown receptions and averages 32 yards per touchdown; 11 of his 25 touchdowns have come from 40 yards or more.
- Wide Receiver Donald Driver has a reception in 112 straight games; longest streak in club history.
- Driver needs 15 receptions to pass Sterling Sharpe for most receptions in franchise history.
- Defensive End Aaron Kampman has 37 quarterback sacks since 2006 -- third most in the NFL.
- Cornerback Charles Woodson has 19 interceptions in 47 games with the Packers.
- Safety Nick Collins has averaged 38.9 return yards on the past ten interceptions -- four for touchdown and four interceptions which have been returned for 55 yards or more.
|1995||Green Bay||L, 10-24|
|1992||Green Bay||L, 23-24|
|1980||Green Bay||L, 9-14|
|1971||Green Bay||L, 17-20|
|Total||307.0 (16th)||226 (28th)|
|Passing||221.0 (16th)||150.0 (27th)|
|Passing TDs||0 (t-27th)||1 (t-10th)|
|Rushing||86.0 (t-15th)||76.0 (22nd)|
|Rushing TDs||1 (t-7th)||1 (t-7th)|
|Scoring||7 (t-29th)||21 (t-14th)|
|Total||302.0 (16th)||352.0 (22nd)|
|Passing||227.0 (18th)||266.0 (23rd)|
|Passing TDs||1 (t-7th)||1 (t-7th)|
|Rushing||75.0 (10th)||86.0 (t-15th)|
|Rushing TDs||0 (t-1st)||0 (t-1st)|
|Scoring||12 (t-7th)||15 (11th)|
|Sacks||3 (t-9th)||2 (t-16th)|
|QB Rating||100.7 (28th)||43.2 (3rd)|
|20-Yard Passes Allowed||4 (t-26th)||6 (t-31st)|
|Interceptions||0 (t-22nd)||4 (2nd)|
|Kickoff Return||24.0 (t-13th)||31.0 (3rd)|
|Punt Return||9.8 (13th)||7.0 (17th)|
|Punting (Net)||37.3 (20th)||35.5 (24th)|
|Punts Inside the 20||5 (1st)||1 (t-20th)|