On Tuesday, the NFL released their nominations for FedEx Ground Player, FedEx Air Player and Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week. Neither Rey Maualuga (four tackles, a sack and two forced fumbles) or Carson Palmer (three touchdown) passes made it this week for sponsored fan votes; though it would be hard pressed to see Palmer nominated. The nominations this week are:
FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week
- New Orleans’ DREW BREES completed 25 of 34 passes for 311 yards and three touchdowns with one interception in the Saints' 48 - 22 win over the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Houston’s MATT SCHAUB passed for 357 yards and four touchdowns, completing 25 of 39 passes in the Texans' 34 - 31 win over the AFC South rival Tennessee Titans.
- Arizona’s KURT WARNER completed 24 of 26 passes (NFL-record 92.3 completion percentage) for 243 yards and two touchdowns for a 131.2 passer rating in the Cardinals' 31 - 17 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week
- San Francisco’s FRANK GORE rushed for 207 yards and two touchdowns on 16 carries in the 49ers' 23 - 10 win over the NFC West rival Seahawks.
- Miami’s RONNIE BROWN rushed for 136 yards and two touchdowns on 24 carries in the Dolphins' 27-23 loss to the Indianapolis Colts on Monday Night Football.
- Tennessee’s CHRIS JOHNSON rushed 16 times for 197 yards including two rushing touchdowns of 91 and 57 yards in the Titans' 34 - 31 loss to the Houston Texans. Johnson finished the game with 284 yards from scrimmage which includes a 69-yard receiving touchdown.
Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week:
- Houston’s BRIAN CUSHING led the Texans with 10 tackles, including two for a loss and one pass defensed in the Texans’ 34 – 31 win over the AFC South rival Tennessee Titans
- Minnesota’s PERCY HARVIN made five receptions for 41 yards and one touchdown and added 14 yards rushing in the Vikings' 27-13 win over the Detroit Lions.
- New York Giants’ BRUCE JOHNSON intercepted Tony Romo and ran it back for a 34-yard touchdown in the Giants’ 33-31 win over the NFC East rival Dallas Cowboys.
- Chicago’s JOHNNY KNOX made six receptions for 70 yards including a 7-yard touchdown in the Bears' 17 -14 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- New York Jets’ MARK SANCHEZ completed 14 of 22 passes for 163 yards and one touchdown in the Jets' 16 - 9 win over the AFC East rival New England Patriots