OK we're back for week 2 of our player pick contest. To see the full write-up of the original rules see here. Last week's scoring results are repeated below the jump. Here are the current score standings:
1 - Deisel2405 - 60 pts
2 (tie) - ZJiff30 - 20 pts
2 (tie) - Carsonorbust - 20 pts
3 (tie) - Vman in Germany - 19 pts
3 (tie) -
CincyRed IFChris - 19 pts
This week we face the Cleveland Browns. This could very easily be a shootout or a nail-biter, depending on whether we play down to the apparent level of our opponent (or if the Mangenius suddenly shows up again after a three year hiatus). Either way we could have a interesting game.
OK we had 21 participants, so the maximum points possible for "uniqueness" was 20.
Andre Caldwell, Cedric Benson, Johnathan Joseph (x3), and Brian Leonard scored points for those who picked them by the rules of the game. Diesel, please go on ahead and type out Johnathan Joseph for me next time. It's reasonably obvious that's who you meant but I'd prefer to be 100% sure.
1 - Deisel2405 - 60 pts (Joseph x3)
2 (tie) - ZJiff30 - 20 pts (Leonard)
2 (tie) - Carsonorbust - 20 pts (Caldwell)
3 (tie) - Vman in Germany - 19 pts (Benson)
3 (tie) -
CincyRedIFChris - 19 pts (Benson)
Everybody else didn't score points this week but we've still got another chance next week.
If you haven't played yet, here is a brief recap of the rules:
1) Pick one player. (Make it easy on me, make him the title of your post. Both first and last name please.)
2) An offensive score is worth one point per participant who did not pick your player.
3) A defensive player is worth 3/2/1 point per participant who did not pick your player based on if he 3) actually scored, 2) gained possession of the ball for the team, or 1) allowed the Bengals to gain possession by causing a fumble another player recovered.
4) You score the maximum possible points for your player but only one time. So a defensive player who forces an opponent's fumble that Cincinnati recovers and recovers another opponent's fumble at a different point in the game is worth 2x points (not 3x cumulative).
5) Keep commentary to the bare minimum please.
6) Predictions on how they will score are not required, and if you provide one they don't net you any bonus if you are right nor do they detract if you are wrong (so long as they do actually score by game rules).
7) Try to be original yet still pick somebody you think has a realistic chance to score or cause a turnover.
8) Only ONE (1) player entry per contestant, per week is allowed.
9) Deadline for player entries each week is THIRTY (30) minutes prior to kickoff.