All-time glory of Staty goodness.
Game: Denver Broncos (0-0) at Cincinnati Bengals (0-0)
Series Leader: Broncos, 16-8
Streak: Broncos have won 10 of the past 12
Coaches vs. Opponent: Lewis: 1-2. McDaniels: 0-0
Broadcast: CBS (1:00 PM ET): Gus Johnson, Dan Fouts. SIRIUS: 144 (Den.), 91 (Cin.). XM: 108 (Cin.)
SB Nation: Mile High Report
NFL.com: Game Center
Weather: Partly cloudy, light winds, 79 degrees at kickoff. [Weather.com]
Television Coverage: If the game is a sellout, most of Ohio up until the Cleveland region, most of northern and eastern Kentucky and western West Virginia [The 506]
- Dating back to December 14, 2008, the Bengals are looking for their fourth straight win.
- Since 2005, Carson palmer ranks 3rd in the AFC with 89 touchdowns (Peyton Manning has 117, Tom Brady has 100).
- Palmer has passed for 4,000 yards or more in two of the past three seasons (any guess on which season he didn't?)
- Cedric Benson is averaging 92.3 yards rushing per game when he carries the ball 20 times or more. His teams are also undefeated when he records over 20 rushing attempts (7-0-1).
- In his past three games, Benson averaged 118.3 yards rushing per game.
- In three career games against the Denver Broncos, Chad Ochocinco averages 92 yards receiving per game.
- Since 2002, Chad ranks second in the NFL with 8,576 yards receiving (Torry Holt has 8,874).
- Since 2007, cornerback Leon Hall leads the team with eight interceptions (five in 2007, three in 2008).
- On kickoff weekend, the Denver Broncos lead the AFC with a .646 winning percentage (31-17-1) and looks for a third straight week one win.
- Broncos tied with the Titans for an NFL best 12-sacks allowed.
- As a starter for four seasons with the Chicago Bears, Kyle Orton's record as a starter is 21-12.
- Running back Correll Buckhalter averaged 4.9 yards per carry in the past seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Wide receiver Eddie Royal led all NFL rookies last year in receptions (91), receiving yards (980), touchdowns receiving (5) and yards combined (1,829).
- In his career, wide receiver Brandon Stokley averages 18.4 yards per catch against the Bengals (seven receptions, 129 yards receiving).
- Tight End Tony Scheffler recorded a career high 645 yards receiving last year.
- Champ Bailey ranks first among all cornerbacks with 43 interceptions since 1999.
- Cornerback Andre Goodman recorded a career high five interceptions with the Miami Dolphins last year.
- Making his Broncos debut, is safety Brian Dawkins, who is only one of four players with at least 33 (34) career interceptions and 20 sacks (21)