Oy vey. What else is left to say? Once again, our boys in orange make mistake after mistake, manage a hurried comeback and just when they get to the point they might make the game have been worth it after all, they can't pull it off yet again. I was surprised by this crap earlier in the season, but not anymore. Last year at least early on we were the Cardiac Cats with all the breaks going our way, with the game on the line we'd find a way to (usually) win. End of last year and pretty much all of this year, we're the exact opposite, with the game on the line we find a way to lose instead.
Well this week we have the Colts. I know Peyton Manning is good and all that, but he's not the greatest of all time. He's fairly close tho, as the insane injury issues they're going through help to prove. Aside from the Saints (who have had not that dissimilar injury issues) and maybe one or two other teams, any other team with that many key players going down would probably be fighting with the Bills and Panthers for the #1 pick next year. Does that give us a shot? Probably not, unfortunately. Unless we can find a way to bury the Fall-Down-Go-Boom Kitties and bring back the Cardiac Cats instead, I'm chalking this one up for yet another loss for the team. Of course, it was the second half of the season when we first turned into the Fall-Down-Go-Boom Kitties, maybe we can turn into something else for the second half of this season. Likely? Probably not, but what the heck, let's hope for it anyway, it's not like we have anything left to lose.
And hopefully we can at least score some points in this game too. We still have some offensive weapons and the Indy D has been shredded by injury, which may help us score a few offensive TDs. And our defense has been doing OK at pulling out a turnover or two that, while it hasn't helped us in the games much, at least scores them points here. I'm not betting on any INTs but we might get one off a tip drill if we're lucky, and we could still have a forced fumble or two.
Anyway, place your picks for this coming week in the comments. Scoring recap post from last week is repeated below the jump as well as the summary version of the rules. (Review the original full write-up of the rules here if you like.) Pick your player in the comments and have fun!
I figured we’d lose. I hoped to be wrong, but I knew better. As long as those two incompetent buffoons Mike Brown and Bob Bratkowski remain with any power over the Bengals in any way, we have pretty much no shot. And that really annoys me quite a lot. Bob hitched his wagon to Chad Johnson’s coattails, and that relationship has run it’s course. It’s now past time for both of them to go.
Well at least we did have some scoring in this game here. Terrell Owens again is just a machine, making Chad look even more like the completely worthless pile of crap he has become these days. Sad that he was actually still pretty good barely a year ago, but that’s the NFL for you, Not For Long. And Benson even got involved as well. Good for him. On defense Leon Hall forced two fumbles (0.5 points) and Roy Williams recovered one of them and got an INT, either way 1x points would have been available for him had anybody had any faith left in him (not surprising, however, that nobody did).
This gives us weekly scoring of:
24 points – BonnieBengal (Terrell Owens)
24 points – jimbasa (Cedric Benson)
24 points – Throw the ball (Cedric Benson)
24 points – Alexneyer (Cedric Benson)
24 points – Purple City Middie (Terrell Owens)
24 points – TruWhoDey (Cedric Benson)
24 points – James Schmid the great (Terrell Owens)
24 points – Cry (Terrell Owens)
12 points – featherman (Leon Hall)
12 points – The Dealio (Leon Hall)
12 points – Mr. X (Leon Hall)
And this gives us a nine-week leaderboard of:
1. FriarBob – 196 points
2. CincyMike56 – 191 points
3. Purple City Middie – 190 points
4. Cry – 173 points
5. Mr. X – 172 points
6. James Schmid the great – 151 points
7. quickslant – 149 points
8. jimbasa – 147 points
9. CincinnatiCyanide88 – 138 points
10. The Dealio – 129 points
11. Jake Liscow – 122 points
12. BradDwayne – 111 points
13. the Flying Pig – 110 points
14. Jcon77 – 109 points
15. Rocket_Man_G – 104 points
16t. Throw the ball – 97 points
16t. TruWhoDey – 97 points
17. WHYUS!! – 95 points
18. Alexneyer – 89 points
19. BonnieBengal – 88 points
20. duffmane – 86 points
21. BoomerEsiasonsLoveChild – 77 points
22. tafjag1 – 75 points
23t. Boomer Lion – 73 points
23t. TrickyD26 – 73 points
23t. jimmer9 – 73 points
24. TheCinWin – 67 points
25. Carsonorbust – 64 points
26. MCSubtext – 62 points
27. Oregonbengalsfan – 58 points
28t. darth zalmer – 54 points
28t. Bengal mayhem – 54 points
29. emeybee – 53 points
30. whodey?? – 52 points
31t. Jaegner – 49 points
31t. ephr – 49 points
32. Richard L – 37 points
33. ritalin – 31 points
34. Rockhound-11 – 30 points
35. featherman – 12 points
Here is a quick recap of the rules.
- Pick one player (Make it easy on me, make him the title of your post. Both first and last name please, and please try to avoid nicknames or blatant misspellings.) who is NOT officially listed as a QB, P, or PK on the roster.
- An offensive score is worth one point per participant who did not pick your player.
- A defensive player is worth 2/1/0.5 point(s) per participant who did not pick your player based on if he 2) actually scored, 1) gained possession of the ball for the team but didn't actually score, or 0.5) allowed the Bengals to gain possession by causing a fumble (or blocking a kick) that another Bengals player recovered. Sacks or tackles behind the line of and by themselves are not worth anything unless they are a strip-sack (0.5 points if we recover) or they are also a safety (2 points). All half-points will be rounded down. A blocked FG is always 0.5 for the blocker, a blocked punt is the same unless the blocker is the only person (on either team) to touch the ball before it becomes a safety (in which case it becomes 2 points).
- You score the maximum possible points for your player but only one time. So a defensive player who forces an opponent's fumble that Cincinnati recovers and recovers another opponent's fumble at a different point in the game is worth 1x points (not 1.5x cumulative).
- Keep commentary to the bare minimum please.
- Predictions on how they will score are not required, and if you provide one they don't net you any bonus if you are right nor do they detract if you are wrong (so long as they do actually score by game rules).
- Try to be original yet still pick somebody you think has a realistic chance to score or cause a turnover.
- Only ONE (1) player entry per contestant, per week is allowed. Unless your first player was on the roster at the start of the week and is put on IR/cut/traded before the next week, your first comment is your player, so pick carefully.
- Deadline for player entries each week is THIRTY (30) minutes prior to kickoff.