I am completely at a loss for words. How do you build a three TD lead and then end up losing by three TDs? Seriously? How is that possible? If I was TO, I'd start booing my teammates. No matter how much trouble he may (or may not) have caused previously, he still doesn't deserve this crap.
Now we go face the Jets. On (semi-)national TV. I'm sure right now NFL network is desperately looking for any way they can adjust the schedule to put a better game on instead, but they're out of luck there. We couldn't even beat a team with a 26th ranked defense, so how the hell are we going to even give a mild fight to somebody any better? The only positive thing I can say about the Bills game is at least we scored points here. Lots of people scored in fact, it was kinda nice for a change. That's it. Yikes.
Anyway, place your picks for this coming week in the comments. Scoring recap post from last week is repeated below the jump as well as the summary version of the rules. (Review the original full write-up of the rules here if you like.) Pick your player in the comments and have fun!
Oh my. What the hell? We actually play good BEFORE we get down… and then play like crap once we’re up? I have to agree with TO. Nobody in their right mind would not boo that crap.
Well let’s get this over with. At least our boys scored some points on both sides of the ball for the die hard fans of the team (or at least this game). Cedric Benson can’t hold onto the ball, but he can at least get into the endzone. TO and Ocho both scored as well. And JJoe even gets a pick six, which leads to three happy people who cleaned up on the points this week, as with only 26 legitimate entries their normal 23 gets doubled to 46.
This gives us weekly scoring of:
46 points – MCSubtext (Johnathan Joseph)
46 points – The Dealio (Johnathan Joseph)
46 points – Carsonorbust (Johnathan Joseph)
25 points – TCfromDubVee (Chad Ochocinco)
23 points – Throw the ball (Cedric Benson)
23 points – Rocket_Man_G (Cedric Benson)
23 points – CincyMike56 (Cedric Benson)
20 points – jimbasa (Terrell Owens)
20 points – Cry (Terrell Owens)
20 points – James Schmid the great (Terrell Owens)
20 points – FriarBob (Terrell Owens)
20 points – Rockhound-11 (Terrell Owens)
20 points – Richard L (Terrell Owens)
And this leads to an eleven week leaderboard of:
1. FriarBob – 216 points
2. CincyMike56 – 214 points
3. The Dealio – 201 points
4. Cry – 193 points
5. Purple City Middie – 190 points
6. Mr. X – 172 points
7. James Schmid the great – 171 points
8. jimbasa – 167 points
9. quickslant – 149 points
10. CincinnatiCyanide88 – 138 points
11. Rocket_Man_G – 127 points
12t. Jake Liscow – 122 points
12t. TruWhoDey – 122 points
13t. WHYUS!! – 120 points
13t. Throw the ball – 120 points
14. BradDwayne – 111 points
15t. the Flying Pig – 110 points
15t. Carsonorbust – 110 points
16. Jcon77 – 109 points
17. MCSubtext – 108 points
18. Alexneyer – 89 points
19. BonnieBengal – 88 points
20. duffmane – 86 points
21. BoomerEsiasonsLoveChild – 77 points
22. tafjag1 – 75 points
23t. Boomer Lion – 73 points
23t. TrickyD26 – 73 points
23t. jimmer9 – 73 points
24. TheCinWin – 67 points
25. Oregonbengalsfan – 58 points
26. Richard L – 57 points
27t. darth zalmer – 54 points
27t. Bengal mayhem – 54 points
28. emeybee – 53 points
29. whodey?? – 52 points
30. Rockhound-11 – 50 points
31t. Jaegner – 49 points
31t. ephr – 49 points
32. ritalin – 31 points
33. TCfromDubVee – 25 points
34. featherman – 12 points
Here is a quick recap of the rules.
- Pick one player (Make it easy on me, make him the title of your post. Both first and last name please, and please try to avoid nicknames or blatant misspellings.) who is NOT officially listed as a QB, P, or PK on the roster.
- An offensive score is worth one point per participant who did not pick your player.
- A defensive player is worth 2/1/0.5 point(s) per participant who did not pick your player based on if he 2) actually scored, 1) gained possession of the ball for the team but didn't actually score, or 0.5) allowed the Bengals to gain possession by causing a fumble (or blocking a kick) that another Bengals player recovered. Sacks or tackles behind the line of and by themselves are not worth anything unless they are a strip-sack (0.5 points if we recover) or they are also a safety (2 points). All half-points will be rounded down. A blocked FG is always 0.5 for the blocker, a blocked punt is the same unless the blocker is the only person (on either team) to touch the ball before it becomes a safety (in which case it becomes 2 points).
- You score the maximum possible points for your player but only one time. So a defensive player who forces an opponent's fumble that Cincinnati recovers and recovers another opponent's fumble at a different point in the game is worth 1x points (not 1.5x cumulative).
- Keep commentary to the bare minimum please.
- Predictions on how they will score are not required, and if you provide one they don't net you any bonus if you are right nor do they detract if you are wrong (so long as they do actually score by game rules).
- Try to be original yet still pick somebody you think has a realistic chance to score or cause a turnover.
- Only ONE (1) player entry per contestant, per week is allowed. Unless your first player was on the roster at the start of the week and is put on IR/cut/traded before the next week, your first comment is your player, so pick carefully.
- Deadline for player entries each week is THIRTY (30) minutes prior to kickoff.