Game: Pittsburgh Steelers (5-2) at Cincinnati Bengals (2-5)
Series Leader: Steelers, 47-32
Streak: Steelers have won five of the previous seven games; Bengals have won the previous two games.
Coaches vs. Opponent: Lewis 5-10. Tomlin 4-2
Broadcast: ESPN (8:30 PM ET): Mike Tirico, Ron Jaworski, Jon Gruden. Westwood One Radio: Kevin Harlan, Boomer Esiason, Mark Malone (Field reporter). SIRIUS: 124 (WW1), 125 (Pit.), 126 (Cin.). XM: 124 (WW1), 102 (Pit.), 103 (Cin.).
SB Nation: Behind the Steel Curtain
NFL.com: Game Center
Weather: High of 59 with light 10 MPH winds [Weather.com]
- Bengals have won four of the past five games while at home playing on Monday Night Football.
- Carson Palmer has a 21-12 career record against the AFC North, throwing for 53 touchdowns and an 84.8 passer rating.
- When Cedric Benson rushes for over 100 yards, the Bengals are 9-1.
- Terrell Owens recorded his 31st career game with two touchdowns or more last week against the Dolphins, which ranks third most in NFL history (Jerry Rice 44, Randy Moss 36).
- Owens (50) needs just one 100-yard receiving game to surpass Don Maynard for fourth most in NFL history (Jerry Rice 76).
- Owens has caught a touchdown in four straight games.
- Chad Ochocinco has career receptions against the Steelers.
- Morgan Trent recorded his first career interception in the NFL during his first NFL start against the Dolphins.
- Johnathan Joseph has two interceptions and two forced fumbles in the past four games against the Steelers.
- In his past two games against the Steelers, Bernard Scott is averaging 41.2 yards/return on kickoffs, including a 96-yard touchdown.
- Steelers are 5-0 on Monday Night Football under Mike Tomlin.
- Including the playoffs, Ben Roethlisberger is 11-2 in his home state of Ohio (6-1 at Cincinnati, 5-1 at Cleveland).
- Steelers are 37-4 when Roethlisberger records a passer rating of 100 or better.
- Rashard Mendenhall needs two rushing touchdowns to surpass last year's career high of seven.
- Mendenhall is averaging 81.5 yards receiving in two games against the AFC North.
- Hines Ward has a reception in 185 consecutive games and needs one reception to surpass Terrell Owens for third-most consecutive games with a reception in NFL history.
- Ward has 14 career touchdowns against the Bengals, most against any opponent.
- In his last game against the Bengals, Mike Wallace had 102 yards receiving.
- James Harrison has 8.5 quarterback sacks in the past five games on Monday Night Football.
- LaMarr Woodley has four quarterback sacks in the past four games against the Cincinnati Bengals.
|Total||355.4 (11th)||297.6 (27th)|
|Scoring||20.9 (18th)||21.0 (16th)|
|Third Downs||37% (20th)||34% (29th)|
|Rushing||101.0 (20th)||117.3 (11th)|
|Rushing TDs||2 (t-27th)||6 (t-10th)|
|20-Yard Runs||1 (31st)||7 (t-9th)|
|Passing||254.4 (6th)||180.3 (29th)|
|Passing TDs||12 (t-10th)||8 (t-23rd)|
|Sacks Allowed||10 (t-3rd)||15 (t-15th)|
|20-yard Passes||18 (t-22nd)||23 (t-9th)|
|Total||342.0 (19th)||302.0 (5th)|
|Scoring||23.3 (t-24th)||14.6 (1st)|
|3rd Downs Allowed||41% (24th)||38% (16th)|
|Rushing||120.7 (23rd)||58.9 (1st)|
|Rushing TDs||6 (t-21st)||2 (t-2nd)|
|20-Yard Runs||8 (t-24th)||0 (1st)|
|Passing||221.3 (20th)||243.1 (25th)|
|Passing TDs||9 (t-9th)||6 (t-2nd)|
|Sacks||6 (t-last)||20 (10th)|
|QB Rating||76.5 (11th)||79.1 (14th)|
|20-Yard Passes Allowed||22 (t-14th)||20 (t-11th)|
|Interceptions||9 (t-8th)||10 (t-6th)|
|Kickoff Return||19.6 (30th)||28.4 (3rd)|
|Punt Return||6.9 (27th)||7.1 (26th)|
|Punting (Net)||38.7 (t-12th)||40.5 (t-4th)|
|Punts Inside the 20||14 (t-6th)||9 (t-25th)|
2010 STATISTICAL INDIVIDUAL RANKINGS
|Attempts / Game||20.4||6th|
CAREER AGAINST THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS
* Chad didn't play in the second game against the Steelers after he was declared inactive because of insubordination.