Game: New Orleans Saints (8-3) at Cincinnati Bengals (2-9)
Series Leader: Bengals, 6-5
Streak: Bengals have won three straight
Coaches vs. Opponent: Lewis 1-0. Payton: 0-1
Broadcast: FOX (1:00 PM ET): Ron Pitts, John Lynch. SIRIUS: 113 (NO), 147 (Cin.). XM: 109 (Cin.).
SB Nation: Canal Street Chronicles
NFL.com: Game Center
Weather: Mostly sunny with a high of 44 degrees. Light winds. No chance of rain. [Weather.com]
- In his only game against the New Orleans Saints, Carson Palmer completed 14 of 22 passes for 275 yards passing with three touchdowns and an interception for a passer rating of 127.8.
- Palmer needs three touchdowns to join Ken Anderson (197) and Boomer Esiason (187) as the only players in franchise history to reach 150 touchdown passes.
- Cedric Benson is averaging 93.8 yards/game at home in 2010.
- Terrell Owens (914) needs 86 yards receiving to join Jerry Rice (14) and Randy Moss (10) as the only players with at least 10 1,000-yard seasons.
- Owens has 12 touchdown receptions against the Saints -- tied for most against any opponent (Atlanta).
- Chad Ochocinco has 10 receptions for 237 yards receiving and three touchdowns in his past two games against the Saints.
- Jermaine Gresham leads all AFC rookies with 44 receptions.
- Rey Maualuga recorded his first career interception last week .
- Carlos Dunlap had a career-high two sacks last week and three sacks in his past three games.
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
- In his last game against the Cincinnati Bengals, Drew Brees recorded a career-high 510 yards passing.
- Including the Super Bowl, Brees has won nine of the past 10 meetings against AFC teams.
- Rookie running back Chris Ivory has rushed for three touchdowns in his past two games.
- In the last meeting against Cincinnati, Reggie Bush had 109 yards from scrimmage (51 yards rushing, 58 yards receiving).
- Pierre Thomas has six touchdowns in his previous six games against the AFC (including the Super Bowl)
- Marques Colston has 14 receptions for 218 yards receiving and two touchdowns in his pass two games; has four receptions or more in all 11 games this season.
- In his previous two games, Robert Meachem has two touchdowns and is averaging 26.3 yards/reception.
- Rookie tight end Jimmy Graham looks record three receptions for his fourth consecutive game.
- Defensive end Will Smith has 6.5 quarterback sacks in previous seven games against the AFC. Smith had an interception and forced fumble last week.
- Tracy Porter had two fumble recoveries last week. In his past two games (including the Super Bowl), Porter has two pick-sixs.
|Total||329.5 (22nd)||385.2 (4th)|
|Scoring||20.5 (21st)||24.1 (9th)|
|Third Downs||37% (21st)||50% (1st)|
|Rushing||92.0 (25th)||94.2 (24th)|
|Rushing TDs||4 (t-last)||6 (t-23rd)|
|20-Yard Runs||3 (t-30th)||4 (t-26th)|
|Passing||237.5 (11th)||291.0 (3rd)|
|Passing TDs||19 (t-12th)||23 (t-1st)|
|Sacks Allowed||22 (t-13th)||16 (5th)|
|20-yard Passes||27 (t-28th)||34 (t-12th)|
|Total||339.3 (16th)||306.7 (7th)|
|Scoring||26.2 (27th)||17.9 (6th)|
|3rd Downs Allowed||40% (20th)||37% (14th)|
|Rushing||123.0 (23rd)||108.9 (15th)|
|Rushing TDs||11 (t-24th)||9 (t-20th)|
|20-Yard Runs||14 (32nd)||7 (t-14th)|
|Passing||216.3 (15th)||197.8 (3rd)|
|Passing TDs||16 (16th)||7 (1st)|
|Sacks||12 (32nd)||20 (t-22nd)|
|QB Rating||79.7 (11th)||79.3 (10th)|
|20-Yard Passes Allowed||33 (t-15th)||26 (t-1st)|
|Interceptions||13 (t-10)||7 (t-28th)|
|Kickoff Return||21.3 (23rd)||23.9 (13th)|
|Punt Return||5.0 (32nd)||8.7 (20th)|
|Punting (Net)||38.3 (14th)||39.6 (6th)|
|Punts Inside the 20||21 (t-6th)||16 (t-19th)|
2010 STATISTICAL INDIVIDUAL RANKINGS
|Attempts / Game||19.8||7th|
HISTORY AGAINST THE SAINTS
|2006||New Orleans||W, 31-16|
|1993||New Orleans||L, 13-20|
|1984||New Orleans||W, 24-21|
|1981||New Orleans||L, 7-17|
|1975||New Orleans||W, 21-0|