Oy vey. I did figure we'd lose, but I was hoping we'd make it competitive. I forgot we had Bratworst trying to call plays again this year.
If he continues to call as dumbly as he has all year (and why would that change now?) then I figure we'll probably lose to the Browns again even if Jake the Snake actually plays. And we may get blown out if Colt McCoy gets a shot at us. Yuk. On the other hand, I have zero interest in Newton. I want a polished QB who won't need our coaches to fix a bunch of things in training, because our coaches have zero ability to do that. That means we need to draft either Luck or maybe Locker. So maybe losing out and hoping the Punkthers manage to win at least one more game is actually worth it. Maybe.
Either way, tho, at least we do have a shot at scoring some points. If Jake plays, we have about a 70/30 chance of Bad Jake showing up and gifting our guys with some easy INTs. So long as they don't drop them, that's points we can use in this game. And their defense isn't nearly as good as the Steelers, so we have a real shot to put some points on the board on offense as well.
So place your picks for this coming week in the comments. Scoring recap post from last week is repeated below the jump as well as the summary version of the rules. (Review the original full write-up of the rules here if you like.) Pick your player in the comments and have fun!
Well, as soon as Mojo said we were going to win I knew we were going to lose… but I was hoping somebody would score some points. But when the only offensive player in the game to score a TD is Whit, and our defense puts a licking on Ben but never forces a single turnover, I have the easiest writeup since week 17 last year. At least we’re playing a little bit better now than we were then. But not nearly enough so.
Anyway, next week the standings will be unchanged and we’ll get to try again.
Since there were no changes, I didn't give the leaderboard in the comments last week, so here is a copy of the week 13 leaderboard for reference.
1. FriarBob – 239 points
2. CincyMike56 – 237 points
3. The Dealio – 224 points
4. Cry – 216 points
5. jimbasa – 209 points
6. Mr. X – 193 points
7. James Schmid the great – 192 points
8. Purple City Middie – 190 points
9. TruWhoDey – 164 points
10. CincinnatiCyanide88 – 161 points
11. quickslant – 149 points
12t. WHYUS!! – 141 points
12t. Throw the ball – 141 points
13. the Flying Pig – 131 points
14. Rocket_Man_G – 127 points
15. Jake Liscow – 122 points
16. BradDwayne – 111 points
17. Carsonorbust – 110 points
18t. Jcon77 – 109 points
18t. BonnieBengal – 109 points
19. MCSubtext – 108 points
20. BoomerEsiasonsLoveChild – 100 points
21. Rockhound-11 – 90 points
22. Alexneyer – 89 points
23. duffmane – 86 points
24. Richard L – 80 points
25. tafjag1 – 75 points
26t. Boomer Lion – 73 points
26t. TrickyD26 – 73 points
26t. jimmer9 – 73 points
27. TheCinWin – 67 points
28. Oregonbengalsfan – 58 points
29t. darth zalmer – 54 points
29t. Bengal mayhem – 54 points
30. emeybee – 53 points
31. whodey?? – 52 points
32t. Jaegner – 49 points
32t. ephr – 49 points
33. ritalin – 31 points
34. TCfromDubVee – 25 points
35. cscmember – 23 points
36. featherman – 12 points
Here is a quick recap of the rules.
- Pick one player (Make it easy on me, make him the title of your post. Both first and last name please, and please try to avoid nicknames or blatant misspellings.) who is NOT officially listed as a QB, P, or PK on the roster.
- An offensive score is worth one point per participant who did not pick your player.
- A defensive player is worth 2/1/0.5 point(s) per participant who did not pick your player based on if he 2) actually scored, 1) gained possession of the ball for the team but didn't actually score, or 0.5) allowed the Bengals to gain possession by causing a fumble (or blocking a kick) that another Bengals player recovered. Sacks or tackles behind the line of and by themselves are not worth anything unless they are a strip-sack (0.5 points if we recover) or they are also a safety (2 points). All half-points will be rounded down. A blocked FG is always 0.5 for the blocker, a blocked punt is the same unless the blocker is the only person (on either team) to touch the ball before it becomes a safety (in which case it becomes 2 points).
- You score the maximum possible points for your player but only one time. So a defensive player who forces an opponent's fumble that Cincinnati recovers and recovers another opponent's fumble at a different point in the game is worth 1x points (not 1.5x cumulative).
- Keep commentary to the bare minimum please.
- Predictions on how they will score are not required, and if you provide one they don't net you any bonus if you are right nor do they detract if you are wrong (so long as they do actually score by game rules).
- Try to be original yet still pick somebody you think has a realistic chance to score or cause a turnover.
- Only ONE (1) player entry per contestant, per week is allowed. Unless your first player was on the roster at the start of the week and is put on IR/cut/traded before the next week, your first comment is your player, so pick carefully.
- Deadline for player entries each week is THIRTY (30) minutes prior to kickoff.