Game: Cleveland Browns (5-8) at Cincinnati Bengals (2-11)
Series Leader: Bengals, 38-36
Streak: Bengals have won nine of the past 12 games.
Coaches vs. Opponent: Lewis: 10-5. Mangini: 2-3
Broadcast: CBS (1:00 PM ET): Don Criqui, Steve Beuerlein. SIRIUS: 130 (Cle.), 91 (Cin.). XM: 108 (Cin.).
SB Nation: Dawgs by Nature
NFL.com: Game Center
Weather: Mostly cloudy with a high of 27 degrees. [Weather.com]
- The Bengals have won five of the past six home games when hosting the Cleveland Browns
- Bengals look to record their fourth straight win against the Browns in December
- Quarterback Carson Palmer is 5-0 at home against the Browns.
- In his last game against Cleveland, Palmer completed 25 of 36 passes for 371 yards passing, two touchdowns and a 121.4 passer rating.
- Palmer (149) just needs one touchdown to reach the 150-touchdown club, joining Ken Anderson (197) and Boomer Esiason (187) as the only players in franchise history to reach that milestone.
- Cedric Benson needs 144 yards rushing to reach 1,000 yards rushing in consecutive seasons for the first time in his career.
- In his previous three starts against the Browns, Benson averaged 101.7 yards rushing per game.
- Terrell Owens had 10 receptions for 222 yards receiving and a touchdown in his previous meeting against the Browns and became the first and only player in NFL history to record a 200-yard receiving game with three different teams.
- Owens needs 17 yards receiving to join Jerry Rice and Randy Moss as the only players in NFL history with at least ten 1,000-yard seasons.
- Owens needs just one touchdown to record 10 touchdown catches in nine seasons.
- Chad Ochocinco has 11 touchdowns receiving against the Browns, most against any team.
- Carlos Dunlap has 3.5 quarterback sacks in his past three games.
- Leon Hall has five interceptions against the Browns, most against any team.
- The Browns are 4-2 in December under Eric Mangini.
- Rookie quarterback Colt McCoy has a passer rating of 80 or better in four of his five career starts.
- In his only start against the Bengals (with the Panthers on October 22, 2006), quarterback Jake Delhomme completed 20 of 34 passes for 238 yards passing and two touchdowns.
- Peyton Hillis joined Jim Brown and LeRoy Kelly as the only Browns players in franchise history to record 1,000 yards rushing and 11 touchdowns.
- Hillis recorded 102 yards rushing and a touchdown in his previous games against the Bengals.
- Tight end Benjamin Watson needs 62 yards receiving to surpass a career-high 643 yards in 2006.
- Rookie cornerback Joe Haden has an interception in four of the previous five games.
- Haden is tied for second among all NFL rookies with five interceptions.
- Linebacker Matt Roth has three sacks in his previous two games against the Bengals.
|Total||317.4 (24th)||296.3 (29th)|
|Scoring||20.2 (20th)||18.1 (29th)|
|Third Downs||37% (18th)||36% (20th)|
|Rushing||87.8 (30th)||110.9 (17th)|
|Rushing TDs||6 (t-30th)||13 (t-6th)|
|20-Yard Runs||3 (t-last)||7 (t-21st)|
|Passing||229.5 (15th)||185.4 (27th)|
|Passing TDs||18 (t-4th)||12 (t-18th)|
|Sacks Allowed||28 (t-15th)||28 (t-15th)|
|20-yard Passes||34 (t-23rd)||33 (t-26th)|
|Total||347.8 (21st)||348.3 (22nd)|
|Scoring||26.5 (28th)||19.4 (10th)|
|3rd Downs Allowed||39% (18th)||40% (23rd)|
|Rushing||124.8 (24th)||124.7 (23rd)|
|Rushing TDs||13 (t-24th)||4 (t-1st)|
|20-Yard Runs||16 (32nd)||10 (t-19th)|
|Passing||223.1 (15th)||223.6 (16th)|
|Passing TDs||18 (t-13th)||21 (t-20th)|
|Sacks||18 (t-Last)||26 (t-16th)|
|QB Rating||83.3 (17th)||80.6 (13th)|
|20-Yard Passes Allowed||43 (21st)||39 (t-16th)|
|Interceptions||14 (t-13th)||18 (t-3rd)|
|Kickoff Return||21.7 (22nd)||17.6 (32nd)|
|Punt Return||6.1 (t-30th)||10.9 (t-9th)|
|Punting (Net)||38.9 (11th)||39.4 (t-5th)|
|Punts Inside the 20||24 (t-8th)||25 (t-5th)|
2010 STATISTICAL INDIVIDUAL RANKINGS
|Attempts / Game||18.8||8th|
CAREER AGAINST THE BROWNS