Game: San Diego Chargers (8-6) at Cincinnati Bengals (3-11)
Series Leader: Chargers, 19-10
Streak: Chargers have won five of the past six meetings
Coaches vs. Opponent: Lewis: 1-2. Turner: 1-0
Broadcast: CBS (4:05 PM ET): Gus Johnson, Steve Tasker. SIRIUS: 121 (SD), 158 (Cin.). XM: 103 (Cin.).
SB Nation: Bolts From The Blue
NFL.com: Game Center
Weather: Flurries with a high of 27 degrees. [Weather.com]
- In two career games against the San Diego Chargers, Carson Palmer has completed 58 of 82 passes for 754 yards passing with five touchdowns, one interception and a passer rating of 114.6.
- Palmer (149) needs one touchdown pass to join Ken Anderson (197) and Boomer Esiason (187) as the only players in franchise history with 150 touchdown passes.
- In his past two home games, Palmer has a passer rating of 97.2.
- Cedric Benson reached 1,000 yards rushing in consecutive seasons for the first time in his NFL career.
- Benson has three rushing touchdowns in his past two games.
- In his past three games against the Chargers, Chad Ochocinco is averaging 148.6 yards receiving per game with six touchdown catches.
- Rookie Carlos Dunlap has six quarterback sacks in his past four games and looks to record at least half-a-sack in his fifth straight game.
- Dunlap is second among all NFL rookies with seven quarterback sacks (Ndamukong Suh, 8).
- Dhani Jones leads the team with 113 tackles.
SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
- The Chargers look to record their 11th consecutive road win in December.
- Phillip Rivers (4,141) needs 114 yards passing to surpass a career-best of 4,254 yards in 2009.
- Rivers joined Hall of Fame Quarterback Dan Fouts as the only players in franchise history with three straight 4,000-yard seasons.
- Rivers is 10-0 as a starter on the road in December with 19 touchdowns against five interceptions for a passer rating of 99.3.
- Rivers is 2-0 against the Bengals and looks to record his third straight game with 300 yards passing and three touchdowns.
- Mike Tolbert has 11 touchdowns rushing in 2010 and looks to record a third straight game with a rushing touchdown.
- Tight End Antonio Gates leads all AFC Tight Ends with 782 yards receiving and is first among all NFL Tight Ends with ten touchdowns.
- Vincent Jackson had a career-high three touchdown receptions last week, recording his first 100-yard receiving game of the season.
- In his last game against the Bengals, Jackson had five receptions for 108 yards receiving and two touchdowns.
- Shaun Phillips needs one quarterback sack to surpass a career-high of 11.5 in 2006.
- Cornerback Quentin Jammer had an interception in his last game against the Bengals.
|Total||323.1 (21st)||397.8 (2nd)|
|Scoring||20.1 (21st)||27.7 (3rd)|
|Third Downs||37% (18th)||45% (5th)|
|Rushing||95.0 (27th)||113.0 (14th)|
|Rushing TDs||7 (t-29th)||14 (t-6th)|
|20-Yard Runs||3 (t-last)||9 (t-14th)|
|Passing||228.1 (13th)||284.8 (2nd)|
|Passing TDs||21 (17th)||29 (t-3rd)|
|Sacks Allowed||28 (t-12th)||32 (t-17th)|
|20-yard Passes||38 (t-20th)||62 (1st)|
|Total||342.9 (18th)||259.8 (1st)|
|Scoring||25.9 (26th)||18.6 (6th)|
|3rd Downs Allowed||38% (18th)||32% (2nd)|
|Rushing||120.1 (22nd)||89.4 (2nd)|
|Rushing TDs||13 (t-21st)||12 (t-18th)|
|20-Yard Runs||16 (t-30th)||18 (32nd)|
|Passing||222.8 (17th)||170.4 (1st)|
|Passing TDs||20 (t-13th)||12 (t-2nd)|
|Sacks||22 (30th)||44 (1st)|
|QB Rating||86.0 (20th)||72.5 (2nd)|
|20-Yard Passes Allowed||46 (t-21st)||30 (1st)|
|Interceptions||14 (t-14th)||14 (t-14th)|
|Kickoff Return||21.5 (23rd)||23.8 (t-10th)|
|Punt Return||6.5 (t-29th)||8.7 (21st)|
|Punting (Net)||38.8 (12th)||30.3 (32nd)|
|Punts Inside the 20||25 (t-9th)||11 (32nd)|
2010 STATISTICAL INDIVIDUAL RANKINGS
|Attempts / Game||19.7||7th|
CAREER AGAINST THE SAN DIEGO CHARGERS