Well the end of the season is now upon us, but unlike just three weeks ago there is actually hope for the future again. At least a little bit. Maybe.
In the mean time, we still have one more game to play and it's against another division rival for the third week out of the last four. The last time we faced a version of the Browns the game worked out OK, but the Old Browns are a bit tougher of an opponent. Still, the other time this year we faced the Ravens we handled them pretty well, so who knows? Maybe we do have a chance. Maybe not. Either way, I'm sure our boys are just chomping at the bit to ruin Baltimore's chances at the division title, almost as much so as the New Browns are chomping at the bit to take down Pittsburgh.
Given that there are no playoffs for the Bengals, there are none for us here as well. So this week will be the championship weekend for our little fantasy game here. As these are your last picks for the year, make them some good ones!
Time to place your picks in the comments. Scoring recap post from last week is repeated below the jump as well as the summary version of the rules. (Review the original full write-up of the rules here if you like.) Pick your player in the comments and have fun!.
You know, if blackouts mean Bengals wins, maybe we should have blackouts more often here in Cincinnati.
Sorry it took so long to get these results up, but I’ve been out of town. I’ll get these calculated and then get the new thread up ASAP. There were 21 legit entries this week, so a max possible points of 20.
And our boys not only beat up on a pretty good team, but they also absolutely racked up in the points scored. We had four different players score offensive touchdowns, and three more defensive players scored as well. Unfortunately, not one of those defensive players (Roy Williams, FR, Reggie Nelson, FF, Rey Maualuga, INT) were picked. And let’s give a little love here to Shipley, for having the weirdest stat line I’ve ever seen, because in the “long” column he has “3T”. I do believe that’s the first time I’ve ever seen a player with a long catch of three yards that was also a TD. Especially a talented slot receiver like him. And I also have to give some props to BonnieBengal and Mr. X for their “daring” picks of Simpson that paid off in spades. I have been saying for awhile that sometimes a reciever breaks out in the third year, it happened to Meachem in NO, and it has happened elsewhere as well, but even I had started to give up hope when he still didn’t play all of this year. Maybe he’ll turn out to be just a late bloomer instead of a complete bust after all.
This gives us a weekly scoring of:
20 points – the Flying Pig (Bernard Scott)
20 points – bill schwab (Jermaine Gresham)
20 points – Alexneyer (Jordan Shipley)
19 points – BonnieBengal (Jerome Simpson)
19 points – Mr. X (Jerome Simpson)
And this gives us a 16 week leaderboard of:
1. FriarBob – 239 points
2. CincyMike56 – 237 points
3. The Dealio – 224 points
4. Cry – 216 points
5. Mr. X – 212 points
6. jimbasa – 209 points
7. James Schmid the great – 192 points
8. Purple City Middie – 190 points
9. TruWhoDey – 164 points
10. CincinnatiCyanide88 – 161 points
11. the Flying Pig – 151 points
12. quickslant – 149 points
13. Rocket_Man_G – 147 points
14t. WHYUS!! – 141 points
14t. Throw the ball – 141 points
15. BonnieBengal – 128 points
16. Jake Liscow – 122 points
17. BradDwayne – 111 points
18. Carsonorbust – 110 points
19t. Jcon77 – 109 points
19t. Alexneyer – 109 points
20. MCSubtext – 108 points
21. BoomerEsiasonsLoveChild – 100 points
22. Rockhound-11 – 90 points
23. duffmane – 86 points
24. Richard L – 80 points
25. tafjag1 – 75 points
26t. Boomer Lion – 73 points
26t. TrickyD26 – 73 points
26t. jimmer9 – 73 points
27. TheCinWin – 67 points
28. Oregonbengalsfan – 58 points
29t. darth zalmer – 54 points
29t. Bengal mayhem – 54 points
30. emeybee – 53 points
31. whodey?? – 52 points
32t. Jaegner – 49 points
32t. ephr – 49 points
33. ritalin – 31 points
34. TCfromDubVee – 25 points
35. cscmember – 23 points
36. bill schwab – 20 points
37. featherman – 12 points
Here is a quick recap of the rules.
- Pick one player (Make it easy on me, make him the title of your post. Both first and last name please, and please try to avoid nicknames or blatant misspellings.) who is NOT officially listed as a QB, P, or PK on the roster.
- An offensive score is worth one point per participant who did not pick your player.
- A defensive player is worth 2/1/0.5 point(s) per participant who did not pick your player based on if he 2) actually scored, 1) gained possession of the ball for the team but didn't actually score, or 0.5) allowed the Bengals to gain possession by causing a fumble (or blocking a kick) that another Bengals player recovered. Sacks or tackles behind the line of and by themselves are not worth anything unless they are a strip-sack (0.5 points if we recover) or they are also a safety (2 points). All half-points will be rounded down. A blocked FG is always 0.5 for the blocker, a blocked punt is the same unless the blocker is the only person (on either team) to touch the ball before it becomes a safety (in which case it becomes 2 points).
- You score the maximum possible points for your player but only one time. So a defensive player who forces an opponent's fumble that Cincinnati recovers and recovers another opponent's fumble at a different point in the game is worth 1x points (not 1.5x cumulative).
- Keep commentary to the bare minimum please.
- Predictions on how they will score are not required, and if you provide one they don't net you any bonus if you are right nor do they detract if you are wrong (so long as they do actually score by game rules).
- Try to be original yet still pick somebody you think has a realistic chance to score or cause a turnover.
- Only ONE (1) player entry per contestant, per week is allowed. Unless your first player was on the roster at the start of the week and is put on IR/cut/traded before the next week, your first comment is your player, so pick carefully.
- Deadline for player entries each week is THIRTY (30) minutes prior to kickoff.