Time to move on to a visit to the ketchup bottle where we will play the Pittsburgh Steelers. With them leading the division, beating them this week would be extra sweet. And if we play like we played in the 3rd quarter last week all game long, we'll have a shot. Short of that, however, probably not. But as long as our OL plays decently we'll have a shot to at least score some points and keep the scoring going in this game.
So place your picks for this coming week in the comments. Scoring recap post from last week is repeated below the jump as well as the summary version of the rules. (Review the original full write-up of the rules here if you like.) Pick your player in the comments and have fun!
Even though our boys did make some dumb mistakes — including one critical one at the worst time possible — we did at least score a lot of points in this game. Seriously, Mojokong, what were you thinking predicting a blowout? Were you trying to make a bad joke? Because with 28 players and so many different people scoring points, this week gave me plent of work to do with all the adjustments to the standings. We had two TDs for Cedric Benson, one more for Terrell Owens, and a 2pt conversion for Jermaine Gresham, which enables each of them to count as offensive scores. Reggie Nelson also scores off the INT, or at least would have if anybody had picked him. And even Robert Geathers, usually Mr. Useless himself, even had a shot by forcing a fumble, but unfortunately with the Saints recovering the ball one his rare moment of decency goes unrewarded.
This gives us a weekly scoring of:
23 points – Richard L (Jermaine Gresham)
23 points – jimbasa (Cedric Benson)
23 points – CincinnatiCyanide88 (Cedric Benson)
23 points – CincyMike56 (Cedric Benson)
23 points – Cry (Jermaine Gresham)
23 points – cscmember (Cedric Benson)
23 points – The Dealio (Cedric Benson)
23 points – BoomerEsiasonsLoveChild (Jermaine Gresham)
23 points – TruWhoDey (Jermaine Gresham)
23 points – FriarBob (Jermaine Gresham)
21 points – WHYUS!! (Terrell Owens)
21 points – Throw the ball (Terrell Owens)
21 points – BonnieBengal (Terrell Owens)
21 points – Rockhound-11 (Terrell Owens)
21 points – the Flying Pig (Terrell Owens)
21 points – James Schmid the great (Terrell Owens)
21 points – Mr. X (Terrell Owens)
Interestingly enough, this leads to the top four people on our leaderboard all scoring the exact same amount of points. Also, two people who were tied at 14th on the list both picked TO, so they both moved up in the list but are still tied. Funny how stuff like that happens at times. It was also a good week for the top of the board as well, as 8 of the top 10 all scored, and all told we has 17 people score points, including one newbie who breaks in with his first score of the year.
And this gives us a thirteen week leaderboard of:
1. FriarBob – 239 points
2. CincyMike56 – 237 points
3. The Dealio – 224 points
4. Cry – 216 points
5. jimbasa – 209 points
6. Mr. X – 193 points
7. James Schmid the great – 192 points
8. Purple City Middie – 190 points
9. TruWhoDey – 164 points
10. CincinnatiCyanide88 – 161 points
11. quickslant – 149 points
12t. WHYUS!! – 141 points
12t. Throw the ball – 141 points
13. the Flying Pig – 131 points
14. Rocket_Man_G – 127 points
15. Jake Liscow – 122 points
16. BradDwayne – 111 points
17. Carsonorbust – 110 points
18t. Jcon77 – 109 points
18t. BonnieBengal – 109 points
19. MCSubtext – 108 points
20. BoomerEsiasonsLoveChild – 100 points
21. Rockhound-11 – 90 points
22. Alexneyer – 89 points
23. duffmane – 86 points
24. Richard L – 80 points
25. tafjag1 – 75 points
26t. Boomer Lion – 73 points
26t. TrickyD26 – 73 points
26t. jimmer9 – 73 points
27. TheCinWin – 67 points
28. Oregonbengalsfan – 58 points
29t. darth zalmer – 54 points
29t. Bengal mayhem – 54 points
30. emeybee – 53 points
31. whodey?? – 52 points
32t. Jaegner – 49 points
32t. ephr – 49 points
33. ritalin – 31 points
34. TCfromDubVee – 25 points
35. cscmember – 23 points
36. featherman – 12 points
Here is a quick recap of the rules.
- Pick one player (Make it easy on me, make him the title of your post. Both first and last name please, and please try to avoid nicknames or blatant misspellings.) who is NOT officially listed as a QB, P, or PK on the roster.
- An offensive score is worth one point per participant who did not pick your player.
- A defensive player is worth 2/1/0.5 point(s) per participant who did not pick your player based on if he 2) actually scored, 1) gained possession of the ball for the team but didn't actually score, or 0.5) allowed the Bengals to gain possession by causing a fumble (or blocking a kick) that another Bengals player recovered. Sacks or tackles behind the line of and by themselves are not worth anything unless they are a strip-sack (0.5 points if we recover) or they are also a safety (2 points). All half-points will be rounded down. A blocked FG is always 0.5 for the blocker, a blocked punt is the same unless the blocker is the only person (on either team) to touch the ball before it becomes a safety (in which case it becomes 2 points).
- You score the maximum possible points for your player but only one time. So a defensive player who forces an opponent's fumble that Cincinnati recovers and recovers another opponent's fumble at a different point in the game is worth 1x points (not 1.5x cumulative).
- Keep commentary to the bare minimum please.
- Predictions on how they will score are not required, and if you provide one they don't net you any bonus if you are right nor do they detract if you are wrong (so long as they do actually score by game rules).
- Try to be original yet still pick somebody you think has a realistic chance to score or cause a turnover.
- Only ONE (1) player entry per contestant, per week is allowed. Unless your first player was on the roster at the start of the week and is put on IR/cut/traded before the next week, your first comment is your player, so pick carefully.
- Deadline for player entries each week is THIRTY (30) minutes prior to kickoff.