CINCINNATI - NOVEMBER 08: Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger #7 of the Pittsburgh Steelers breaks free from Geno Atkins #97 of the Cincinnati Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium on November 8 2010 in Cincinnati Ohio. The Steelers defeated the Bengals 27-21. (Photo by Matthew Stockman/Getty Images)
Game: Cincinnati Bengals (2-10) at Pittsburgh Steelers (9-3)
Series Leader: Steelers, 48-32
Streak: Steelers have won six of the past eight
Coaches vs. Opponent: Lewis 5-11. Tomlin: 5-2
Broadcast: CBS (1:00 PM ET): Greg Gumbel, Dan Dierdorf. SIRIUS: 130 (Cin.), 126 (Pit.). XM: 105 (Pit.).
SB Nation: Behind The Steel Curtain
NFL.com: Game Center
Weather: 70% Chance of a rain/snow mix with a high of 38 degrees. [Weather.com]
- Bengals have won two of the previous three games against the Steelers.
- Palmer is averaging 291.7 yards passing per game on the road in 2010.
- Palmer needs two touchdowns (148) to join Ken Anderson (197) and Boomer Esiason (187) as the only Bengals players in history to reach 150 touchdown passes.
- Cedric Benson needs 163 yards rushing to reach 1,000 yards in consecutive seasons for the first time in his career.
- Benson tied a career-high two touchdowns last week against the Saints.
- Terrell Owens had 10 receptions for 141 yards receiving and two touchdowns in his previous game against Pittsburgh.
- Owens has five touchdown receptions in his previous six games against the Steelers.
- Owens needs one touchdown to record his ninth season with 10 touchdown receptions or more.
- Chad Ochocinco is averaging 81.2 yards receiving per game on the road in 2010.
- Carlos Dunlap has 3.5 quarterback sacks in his previous two games and looks to record a sack in his third straight game.
- Mike Tomlin became the seventh head coach to win at least nine games in each of the first four seasons since 1970.
- Ben Roethlisberger is 10-4 against the Bengals, including the playoffs, completing 254 of 401 passes for 2,973 yards passing, 20 touchdowns, 14 interceptions and a passer rating of 87.8.
- Roethlisberger aims to record a touchdown in three straight games.
- Rashard Mendenhall recorded 99 yards rushing in his previous game against the Bengals.
- Mendenhall needs one rushing touchdown to become the fifth Steelers running back in franchise history to have 10 rushing touchdowns in a season.
- Hines Ward has 15 career touchdowns against the Bengals -- most against any opponent.
- Mike Wallace has 100 yards receiving or more in two of the past three games against the Bengals.
- James Farrior aims to record a sack in his fourth straight game.
|Total||328.0 (22nd)||330.6 (21st)|
|Scoring||21.2 (20th)||22.2 (t-14th)|
|Third Downs||37% (19th)||40% (14th)|
|Rushing||92.3 (26th)||120.0 (10th)|
|Rushing TDs||6 (t-27th)||10 (t-9th)|
|20-Yard Runs||3 (t-30th)||12 (t-5th)|
|Passing||235.7 (13th)||210.6 (18th)|
|Passing TDs||20 (14th)||17 (t-17th)|
|Sacks Allowed||25 (t-16th)||31 (25th)|
|20-yard Passes||32 (t-24th)||44 (t-5th)|
|Total||347.3 (20th)||301.6 (5th)|
|Scoring||26.8 (28th)||15.9 (2nd)|
|3rd Downs Allowed||38% (17th)||34% (4th)|
|Rushing||124.9 (24th)||62.2 (1st)|
|Rushing TDs||13 (t-25th)||4 (t-1st)|
|20-Yard Runs||16 (32nd)||1 (1st)|
|Passing||222.4 (15th)||239.3 (24th)|
|Passing TDs||18 (t-14th)||13 (5th)|
|Sacks||14 (32nd)||36 (t-1st)|
|QB Rating||83.0 (16th)||79.1 (9th)|
|20-Yard Passes Allowed||37 (t-17th)||29 (t-3rd)|
|Interceptions||14 (t-10th)||14 (t-10th)|
|Kickoff Return||22.2 (18th)||25.3 (6th)|
|Punt Return||5.7 (32nd)||7.9 (22nd)|
|Punting (Net)||38.8 (10th)||38.5 (13th)|
|Punts Inside the 20||23 (5th)||17 (t-21st)|
2010 STATISTICAL INDIVIDUAL RANKINGS
|Attempts / Game||19.8||6th|
CAREER AGAINST THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS
* Chad didn't play in the second game against the Steelers after he was declared inactive because of insubordination.