Here are my thoughts on Cedric Benson's arrest:
1. I hope he didn't do it.
2. It's strange that the arrest didn't happen until Tuesday, June 29, a month after the May 30 assault. The late arrest may cast doubt on the veracity of the allegations, or it may mean nothing. Even though it sounds fishy, there could be a myriad factors about why it didn't happen until now.
3. If he did it, Cedric Benson could face a year in jail.
4. Benson sounds racist.
6. If he did it, and he is not put in jail, he will probably be suspended for 4-6 games.
7. The contract extension negotiation between Benson and the Bengals has almost certainly been put on hold, and Benson probably got dirt cheap in the process, even if he is cleared of the charges.
8. If the Bengals are without Benson, they have two talented backups in Bernard Scott and Brian Leonard to help carry the load. Nevertheless, the Bengals will probably sign an additional running back in this process.
9. I am extremely tired of all of this crap with players getting into trouble. But I am also so used to it that it ceases to surprise me, which is sad. Whenever I feel that the Bengals have turned a corner and have eliminated the thugs from the lineup, Benson allegedly does something like this.
10. I hope this story contains mostly BS in it. It could be true, but with the delayed arrest, here's a possible scenario from that situation: Benson got into a verbal argument with patron, he was kicked out of the bar, he said some bad things, the employees didn't know who he was, they find out later on, and now they want to exploit a millionaire.