Game: Cincinnati Bengals (0-0) at New England Patriots (0-0)
Series Leader: Patriots, 13-8
Streak: Patriots have won six of their past seven against the Bengals; including a three-game winning streak.
Coaches vs. Opponent: Lewis: 0-3. Belichick: 12-3
Broadcast: CBS (1:00 PM ET): Jim Nantz, Phil Simms. SIRIUS: 123 (Cin.), 127 (NE). XM: 104 (NE).
SB Nation: Pats Pulpit
NFL.com: Game Center
Weather: Showers (40%) with a high of 72 and light winds [Weather.com]
- The Bengals look to win in consecutive games on kickoff weekend against the Patriots (beat New England on September 9, 2001).
- Carson Palmer recorded his fourth season with 3,000 yards passing and 20 touchdowns or more in 2009.
- Cedric Benson recorded a 97.7-yard rushing average per game in September of 2009.
- In 2009, Benson's 1,251 yards rushing was a career-high and his six touchdowns rushing tied a career-high.
- When Benson records 100 yards rushing or more, the Bengals are an undefeated 9-0.
- Chad Ochocinco needs 48 yards receiving to give him 10,000 yards receiving for his career.
- Terrell Owens's 14,951 yards receiving and 144 receiving touchdowns ranks third all-time. His 1,006 career receptions ranks sixth in NFL history.
- Bengals defense ranked third in the AFC and fourth in the NFL last year, averaging 301.4 yards allowed per game.
- Linebacker Dhani Jones led the Bengals in tackles last season for the second straight season.
- Leon Hall and Johnathan Joseph each recorded six interceptions; only AFC teammates with six picks each.
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
- The Patriots are 6-0 during Kickoff Weekend at Gillette Stadium.
- Bill Belichick is tied for second-most wins during kickoff weekend with nine wins (Mike Shanahan 12, Tom Coughlin 9, Jeff Fisher 9).
- Belichick is 4-1 against the Bengals while head coach with the Patriots.
- Tom Brady is 3-0 against the Bengals, completed 58 of 84 passes for 679 yards passing and seven touchdowns for a 111.2 career passer rating against Cincinnati.
- Since 2007, Brady is 5-0 in September at home with 10 touchdowns and a 110.0 passer rating.
- In his only meeting against the Bengals, running back Laurence Maroney recorded 125 yards rushing on 15 attempts with two touchdowns on October 1, 2006.
- In eight career games, running back Fred Taylor has four 100-yard rushing games.
CAREER AGAINST THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
|2.6.2005 (Super Bowl)||L, 21-24||9||122||0|