FanPost

ORIGINAL Fanview: Who gets drafted #4 poll continued…

Hello All,

I am a Vikings fan... I'm not coming here to berate or demean any Bengals, team, players or fans.

I am simply here to try an experiment...

Panthers have the #1 pick in the draft, Broncos have #2, Buffalo has #3,  Bengals have #4, and the Vikings are at #12. I am curious to see from a fan's point of view, how accurate we can be at predicting what our teams might do in the draft.

So, in order, I started with the Panthers fans. Their decision was:

D. Bowers – 1 vote
A.J. Green – 31 votes
C. Newton – 6 votes

N. Fairley – 33 votes

P. Peterson – 7 votes
Other – 1 Vote
Trade Down – 12 votes

Total of 91 votes…

With the #1 pick in the 2011 NFL Draft the Carolina Panthers select Nick Fairley.

Results here: http://www.catscratchreader.com/2011/1/12/1931287/fanview-who-gets-drafted-1

Next, I was onto the Bronco's... Their decision was:

D. Bowers – 109 votes

P. Peterson – 100 votes
P. Amukamara – 2 votes
J. Smith – 1 vote
A.J. Green – 1 vote
C. Newton – 1 vote
R. Mallett – 1 vote
B. Gabbert – 0 votes
Other/Trade Down – 32 votes

Write in Vote:
M. Dareus – approx 6-8 votes (doesn’t matter, wasn’t near enough)

Total of 247 votes…

With the #2 pick in the 2011 NFL Draft the Denver Bronco's select Da'Quan Bowers

Results here: http://www.milehighreport.com/2011/1/18/1942097/fanview-who-gets-drafted-2-poll-continued

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next, I was onto Buffalo. Their decision was:

A.J. Green – 67 votes

P. Peterson – 315 votes

P. Amukamara – 4 votes
R. Quinn – 19 votes
M. Dareus – 232 votes
J. Locker – 29 votes
R. Mallett – 8 votes
B. Gabbert – 67 votes
C. Newton – 30 votes
Other / Trade Down – 96 votes

Total of 867 votes…

With the #3 pick in the 2011 NFL Draft the Buffalo Bills select Patrick Peterson

Results are here: http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/1/20/1946453/fanview-who-gets-drafted-3-poll-continued

I will be giving Bengal's fans several days to hash out what you think your team will do / should do with the 4th pick of the draft.

Next I will move on to the Cardinal's site and let them know what you, as the fans have decided. I will take your pick off the board, then let them hash it out for the #5 pick of the draft... then continue on in 2011 draft order:

1. Carolina (2-14)          Nick Fairley
  2. Denver (4-12)            Da'Quan Bowers
  3. Buffalo (4-12)            Patrick Peterson
  4. Cincinnati (4-12)       ?????????????
  5. Arizona (5-11)
  6. Cleveland (5-11)
  7. San Francisco (6-10)
  8. Tennessee (6-10)
  9. Dallas (6-10)
  10. Washington (6-10)
  11. Houston (6-10)
  12. Minnesota (6-10)

So, I have cruised a few posts here at The Cincy Jungle, and come up with some prospects that fans have been talking about:

A.J. Green

P. Amukamara

R. Quinn

J. Locker

R. Mallett

B. Gabbert

C. Newton

M. Dareus

C. Jordan

and leaving a choice for "Other" and "Trade Down". (SPECIFY WHO, THOSE WHO AGREE REPLY WITH +1)

FOR OTHER - PLEASE SPECIFY IN A POST THE PERSON YOU WOULD SELECT INSTEAD (AND FOR THOSE WHO AGREE, POST +1, SO I CAN ADD THE TOTALS AT THE END)

P.S.

Sorry to re-do cwbys post... but this was my post originally. I have included your past votes into the voting ballot, so the total numbers at the end will be escalated, but not skewed.

Here are the posts from cwbys post also:

I think Marcell Dareus or Robert Quinn are good here

I wouldn’t be upset to get AJ Green, but I like waiting till the later rounds to find a WR.

by The Dealio on Jan 24, 2011 9:30 PM PST reply actions   1 recs

We don't know who our QB will be next season

But lets draft a round 1 wr.

When has that ever worked?

Best wr in the planet doesnt mean shit if we cant get him the ball.

Hopefully my picture doesn't show my bias.

by CByers on Jan 24, 2011 10:44 PM PST reply actions

are you saying you want a qb?

by trussell70 on Jan 25, 2011 8:17 AM PST up reply actions

I'm not saying we will draft a QB #1

we may go #2 because Guys like dalton would be worth and some round 1 qb’s may now fall.

The DL pick may still hold true.

Hopefully my picture doesn't show my bias.

by CByers on Jan 25, 2011 8:44 AM PST up reply actions

i agree w/ CByers

drafting a receiver with a bad qb situation is silly. however there is a general belief that there are 4 cant miss players on the boards and we have the luxury of getting one of them with the 4th pick. i would rather see us get bowers or peterson, but worst case scenario is taking green, thats ok with me. there are qbs out there that can fall to us in round 2 like kaepernick or stanzi that dont look much worse than gabbert or locker. i think drafting a qb at #4 with this class would be a waste of a pick.

by 70sav on Jan 25, 2011 8:28 AM PST up reply actions

No reason to reach for a qb when we have a chance at one of the top 4 players in the draft.

by ephram on Jan 25, 2011 9:28 AM PST up reply actions

Or pass protect.. maybe MB has been listening to the fans all these years.. ugh.

by 80%OFTHETIMEIMRIGHTEVERYTIME on Jan 25, 2011 10:25 AM PST up reply actions

gabbert

by GrooveLeg on Jan 25, 2011 2:10 AM PST reply actions

Is terrible.

Home of the original Kitten Mittens.

by Pardon_My_French on Jan 25, 2011 9:38 AM PST up reply actions

This would be the worst situation for us

With Peterson, Bowers, and Fairley all gone, but maybe it’s a blessing in disguise. Robert Quinn has a chance to really be a special player in the NFL. He set the record 40 time at UNC for DEs, which doesn’t seem like a big deal unless you remember that Julius Peppers played the same position.

This is our year!

by Carsonorbust on Jan 25, 2011 5:47 AM PST reply actions

Here's the link and quote where I found that info
I won’t let him be so humble, however. In April, 2010, Quinn broke UNC’s lineman record in the 40-yard dash, clocking in at a blazing 4.38 seconds, .15 seconds faster than the previous holder, Julius Peppers. Additionally, he holds the lineman record for the power clean lift at 374 pounds. He recently tipped the scales at 266 pounds. While Quinn may squirm when reading those last sentences, you can rest assured quarterbacks throughout the ACC are even less comfortable.

at bleacher report.

Who wants Quinn now?

This is our year!

by Carsonorbust on Jan 25, 2011 5:54 AM PST up reply actions

depends…are we drafting football players or workout warriors?

by ephram on Jan 25, 2011 6:20 AM PST up reply actions

You're onto something.

This guy may have “bust” written all over him. I’m worried. He never was able to get a sack against a good team.

Home of the original Kitten Mittens.

by Pardon_My_French on Jan 25, 2011 6:49 AM PST up reply actions

He was able to get sacks on one of the premier

vs tackles of this draft vs Anthony Costanzo of Boston College

Hopefully my picture doesn't show my bias.

by CByers on Jan 25, 2011 8:46 AM PST up reply actions

so maybe he is like Vernon Gholston

VG was a freak athlete (and was actually productive in college), and even got a sack vs. Jake Long (#1 overall pick)….but never amounted to anything in the nfl.

by ephram on Jan 25, 2011 8:49 AM PST up reply actions

They put him in the wrong spot

OLB vs DE

It’s tricky deciding if they would be better at one or the other.

I still think they screwed him over by putting him at OLB

Hopefully my picture doesn't show my bias.

by CByers on Jan 25, 2011 8:54 AM PST up reply actions

From what I know of him, he's both

This is our year!

by Carsonorbust on Jan 25, 2011 10:07 AM PST up reply actions

*However I'm not claiming to be a draft expert

I only pass on the info that I read on the web, but he is a very intriguing prospect.

This is our year!

by Carsonorbust on Jan 25, 2011 10:19 AM PST up reply actions

I've said it before and I'll say it again

drafting #4 means you get a shot at drafting a perceived “elite player” in the draft while also often filling a need. Dareus and Quinn are not elite players in this draft. One of the “Big 4” (Fairley, Peterson, Bowers and Green) will be reachable for the Bengals at #4, all are perceived needed positions on the Bengals roster. Don’t take a QB here (none worth #4) and don’t take the 3rd or 4th best DL in this draft at the #4 spot. Take a player who is the best at his position in this draft which will also fill a need. One of those big 4 should be a guy the Bengals pick at #4.

by BengalAnthony13 on Jan 25, 2011 9:13 AM PST reply actions

So your saying f*** the needs

we go with talent.

Even though your big 4 is hella flawed.

Hopefully my picture doesn't show my bias.

by CByers on Jan 25, 2011 10:10 AM PST up reply actions

First of all...

Never use the word “hella”. EVER. N-E-V-E-R.

Secondly, it seems you didn’t read my post. I said that the “Big 4” in this draft who are PERCEIVED “elite players” (because we all know the draft is largely a crap shoot), also FILL NEEDS on the Bengals roster. They need a WR, especially if Ocho goes. They need D-Lineman to rush the passer and have more able bodies. And, they need more secondary help—particularly at Safety (though Peterson is the last of the “Big 4” I’d personally want).

I can see where you’d say “But you said we need D-Lineman, so why not Quinn or Dareus?”. They are ranked as the 3rd and 4th best D-Lineman in the draft. At the #4 overall spot, you can’t take a guy ranked that far down at his particular position, when you have the BEST player in the draft at his position which also would fill a NEED.

Lastly, I’m not sure how my “Big 4 is ….. flawed”. They’re the consensus best 4 players in the draft. Though Green missed the first four games (which I’m not wild about), I believe it was Quinn who didn’t play the whole season. The other 3 guys are the best at their positions. Not sure where the flaw(s) is/are.

Anyway, the beauty of picking high is that in the top of the second, you usually are able to get a guy with first round talent. So, regardless of what position they take at #4, they will probably get a pretty good player at another position we all want them to draft in the second.

by BengalAnthony13 on Jan 25, 2011 10:31 AM PST up reply actions

Stealing my Thunder I see!

cwbys,
I appreciate you trying to keep up with me on here… But I wanted to make sure the voting was complete on the Bills site. We have plenty of time until the NFL Draft… If you are all satisfied with this post, I will let it roll, but for future reference:
I haven’t given up on the posts, I will continue to roll, I am just making sure that everyone has gotten their chance to vote / have their say in the posts.

If you would rather me continue my posts in form, please let me know, and I will be glad to post the ORIGINAL

Fanview: Who gets drafted #4 poll continued…

FOR ANYBODY WHO READS THIS, PLEASE DON’T SKIP AHEAD OF MY POSTS… I WILL GET TO EVERYBODY!

by Jester01 on Jan 25, 2011 9:14 AM PST reply actions

Pull the trigger on Cam Newton if Palmer is gone. F-*-*-* I-T

What do you do when there's no way out? Find a way to get deeper in it.

by jimbasa on Jan 25, 2011 10:41 AM PST reply actions

This is a FanPost and does not necessarily reflect the views of Cincy Jungle's writers or editors. It does reflect the views of this particular fan though, which is as important as the views of Cincy Jungle's writers or editors.

X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

Join Cincy Jungle

You must be a member of Cincy Jungle to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Cincy Jungle. You should read them.

Join Cincy Jungle

You must be a member of Cincy Jungle to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Cincy Jungle. You should read them.

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

tracking_pixel_9341_tracker