JACKSONVILLE, FL - OCTOBER 09: Cornerbacks Nate Clements #22 and Leon Hall #29 of the Cincinnati Bengals tackle wide receiver Mike Thomas #80 of the Jacksonville Jaguars October 9, 2011 at EverBank Field in Jacksonville, Florida. (Photo by Al Messerschmidt/Getty Images)
Good morning everyone! Time to rise and shine! You know the routine by now: wake up, get coffee, rush out to your car in hopes that you won't be late to work, get stuck in traffic, smack your head against your steering wheel in frustration, pull into a parking spot 45 minutes after you were suppose to be at work, sneak into your office in hopes your boss doesn't see you, and finally catch up on the latest Bengals news.
This Sunday the Bengals are going to be facing off against the Peyton Manning-less Colts. And since the Colts don't have a legitimate quarterback and a very bleak chance of winning any games this season, I thought I would reveal what COLTS stands for. It stands for: Count On Losing This Season. And if that's their new motto then they are certainly living up to it.
Indianapolis has looked like a team with no direction. It shows that without Peyton, they are nothing. Kerry Collins and Curtis Painter certainly don't leave any hope for the future....or this season. Does anyone see them going 0-16 this season? I know I can picture it. Especially with them having one of the worse offenses in the league and the second worst run defense.
Here is a great joke: the Colts winning on Sunday. I just don't see it happening with the way they have been playing compared to the way the Bengals have been playing. The best defense squaring-off against one of the worst offenses in the league. The odds are against Indianapolis and I would be amazed if they managed to get a victory on Sunday.
Alright here is a look at what you may have missed or overlooked from Monday.
- Take a look at the Monday Touchdown.
- Brandon Tate was brought into Cincinnati to replace Quan Cosby. And up to this point there are mixed emotions on his productivity.
- Bengals first round pick A.J. Green is on pace to have an outstanding rookie season.
- One of the Bengals strengths heading into the season was their running game. But due to inconsistent play during the first five games, it has to make you wonder where has the running game gone?
- Peter King has finally given some recognition to the Bengals as he ranks them at No. 15 in his rankings. And at some point he believes that we have to "stop calling this a fluke." ("This" meaning the Bengals.)
- According to a league source Cedric Benson met with the National Labor Relations Board. No word yet on a suspension for Benson.
- Cincinnati's defensive stand(s) proved to be pivotal for the Bengals as they defeated Jacksonville on Sunday.
- With the Bengals trailing 20-16 and looking at a fourth down situation, Jermaine Gresham came through for Cincinnati with a key reception on fourth down to keep the chains moving.
- Alright, so everyone is probably tired of hearing about Carson Palmer, but with Andy Dalton now at the helm some have probably wondered how Dalton's performance through the first five games compares to Palmer's first five games of his career.
- Bernard Scott's fourth quarter touchdown run was the play of the game as it proved to be the game-winning score for the Bengals.