CINCINNATI, OH - OCTOBER 16: Andre Caldwell #87 of the Cincinnati Bengals runs with the ball while defended by Pat Angerer #51 of the Indianapolis Colts during the NFL game at Paul Brown Stadium on October 16, 2011 in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Bengals won 27-17. (Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images)
Good morning everyone! Time to wake up and grab something to munch on. Don't worry about working for once in your life. Go ahead and take the day off. I'm sure most of us deserve one by now. If you don't deserve it, well take the day off anyways. What harm can it cause?
So since the Bengals aren't playing this Sunday I think it would make for a grand opportunity to make some predictions for the rest of the AFC North. The Steelers travel to Arizona to face-off against the Cardinals. In Cleveland the Browns host the Seahawks. And finally Baltimore soaks up the sun in Jacksonville as they prepare for their Monday night showdown.
My prediction is that every AFC North team that's playing this week will lose. Okay, now that's probably not the case. But one can hope and dream, right?
I envision the Steelers handing Arizona their fifth straight loss. I predict Seattle defeats Cleveland because the Browns are accustomed to losing. We all know the entire city of Cleveland is used to it by now. As for the Ravens, I'm going to be bold and say they lose to the Jaguars. Again that's probably wishful thinking, but I think Blaine Gabbert is starting to find some confidence and the Jacksonville defense isn't that bad this season.
Cincinnati Bengals forever! The rest of the AFC North never!
Alright here is a look at what you may have missed or overlooked from Friday.
- When looking at A.J. Green it's simply amazing. The way he has performed this season is second to none. And in the entire existence of the Bengals, Green has simply been the best rookie wide receiver to ever suit up for them.
- Take a look at the Bengals bye week report for card for: special teams, the secondary, linebackers, and the defensive line.
- Last Sunday Cedric Peerman made a bone-crushing block against a Colts' defender that would make any of us cringe in pain. But unfortunately for Peerman he has been fined for his illegal hit.
- Cedric Benson is expected to serve his one-game suspension when the Bengals visit the Seattle Seahawks. His suspension opens the door for back-up running back Bernard Scott.
- Former Bengals quarterback Boomer Esiason offered his two cents on rookie Andy Dalton.
- Despite reports circulating around that Carson Palmer won't be starting on Sunday, CBS will air Oakland's match-up against the Chiefs for Cincinnati viewers to tune into. It remains to be seen as to whether or not Palmer will get any action on the field against Kansas City.
- On Tuesday Cincinnati rejoiced as the Bengals finally traded disgruntled quarterback Carson Palmer to Oakland for two future draft picks,. Was this move pure genius or just luck for Mike Brown?
- For all of you statistical gurus and junkies, check out both sides of the statistical coin from the Bengals' game against Indianapolis.
- For the Bengals it has been about converting on third down situations. And those conversions are leading to timely wins for Cincinnati this season.