CINCINNATI, OH - OCTOBER 2: A.J. Green #18 of the Cincinnati Bengals makes the catch against Leondis McKelvin #21 of the Buffalo Bills during their game on October 2, 2011 at Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Bengals defeated the Bills 23-20. (Photo by John Grieshop/Getty Images)
Good morning Bengals Nation! Wake up, get out of bed, and get to work. It's Tuesday and one of the worst days has finally passed.
This Sunday the Bengals square off against the Jaguars. And in all honesty, this should be an interesting match-up. Which Bengals team is going to show up on Sunday? Are we going to see the Bengals from the second half of week four? Or are we going to see the Bengals from week three? I know I'm not alone when I say this, but obviously everyone would be in favor of seeing the Bengals from the second half of week four.
Let's be honest though, I think the defense will continue their reign of terror. Jacksonville hasn't looked like a team this season. Maurice Jones-Drew has been the lone highlight on a depleted team. Blaine Gabbert, for the most part has looked like what he is, a rookie. And I don't think that will change this week against Cincinnati. As for Luke McCown, well do I really need to say anymore?
I think the Bengals front-line will have a field day against Gabbert and company. It will be a matter of not slipping up and not letting Jones-Drew burst away on the ground. I don't see many, if any legitimate threats at wide receiver. But I'll try not to count them out just yet. Every week there could always be that surprise performer. But I just don't see it with Jacksonville. As the week progresses we will get a better idea as to what shape both teams are in for Sunday's battle of the rookie quarterbacks.
Alright here is look at what you may have missed or overlooked from Monday.
- For all of you statistic junkies, check out the both sides of the statistical coin from the Bengals vs. Bills match-up.
- In the Bengals win over Buffalo, quarterback Andy Dalton looked like two different quarterbacks. Hopefully as he develops we will get to witness more of the second half version of Dalton.
- We all know the Bengals have a huge flaw and that is converting on third down situations. Is their lack of success on third down costing them wins?
- The Bengals have been granted a one week exemption from the NFL for guard Bobbie Williams with no penalties to 53-man active roster.
- This Wednesday former Bengals great and fan favorite Ickey Woods is set to be featured on ESPN's E:60.
- Running back Cedric Benson is due some credit after helping to lead the Bengals to victory over the Bills. Benson is on pace to have one of the best years, if not the best, year of his career.
- Cincinnati has the top-ranked defense in the league, (yes you read that correctly), and here is the justification as to why the defense is performing so well.
- One of the biggest factors in the Bengals win on Sunday was their ability to convert and put up points while they were in the Red Zone. Also converting on critical third down situations helped pave the way to victory.
- The Bengals will continue going about their business. And as they march on to more victories against teams that they "should lose" to, then maybe the media will have more things to say about them. But for now, it doesn't matter what the media has to say or not say.