Good morning everyone! It's the final day of the work week. And that means it's time for some football, beer, food, more beer, and more football. Sounds like paradise to me.
Alright, so we all know on Sunday that it's a battle of rookie quarterbacks between the Bengals and Jaguars. And I believe Andy Dalton has the advantage over Blaine Gabbert. But as usual there are going to be some keys for the Bengals to secure another victory this week.
Keys for Sunday.
- Move the ball down field and put up some points.....and don't wait until the second half to do it. Last Sunday against the Bills, Cincinnati made a miraculous comeback against Buffalo. For the most part, I think all of Buffalo went into shock. However, this Sunday, the Bengals should bury the Jags early and as often as possible. The Bengals need to establish a better rhythm on offense. They ought to try mixing up the play calling a bit more so they can put themselves in a better position to put up some points.
- Stay healthy. I think that's pretty self-explanatory. Bengals don't stay healthy, then their chances of coming out victorious go down.
- The defense needs to keep playing the way it has been. The Bengals are ranked number one on defense last time I checked and hopefully on Sunday they will be able to continue their dominance. I cannot imagine the passing attack of the Jags being explosive at all. My main concern is going to be limiting the damage by Maurice Jones-Drew. The only time the Bengals faced him, they were able to contain him to under 50 rushing yards. Let's hope that happens again.
Alright here is a look at what you may have missed or overlooked from Thursday.
- Southeast Financial Federal Credit Union is wanting to Adam Jones' wages garnished.
- Check out our weekly podcast.
- Bobbie Williams has officially been activated onto the Bengals 53-man roster.
- With every team in every sport there are going to be connections between the two opposing competitors. And Sunday is no exception as there are quite a few connections between the Bengals and Jaguars.
- A breakdown of the Bengals snaps on offense and defense.
- Take a chance and give it your best in our caption contest. Who knows, maybe your caption will win.
- For some athletes who have a phenomenal rookie season they then endure a rough sophomore season, better known as a sophomore slump. But so far this season defensive end Carlos Dunlap has been able to avoid the "sophomore slump."
- Hey great news everyone! The Bengals game will be on television for once! But only in the Cincinnati and Jacksonville areas. So to any Bengals fan outside of the Queen City and Jacksonville, well, sorry to hear about your luck.
- Marvin Lewis is reminded of a familiar foe from within the AFC North when he talks about Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew.
- Is anyone out there in Bengals Nation surprised that Cincinnati is at an even record after four games? Well the Bengals have to very winnable games before they hit their bye week. How excited are you going to allow yourself to be?
- A penalty breakdown for the Bengals through the first four games.
- According to Marvin Lewis, the Bengals are trying to make some forward movement on an indoor practice facility.
- The Samsung Game Ball of the Week for week four goes to.....
- Take a look at the injury.practice report for the Bengals and Jaguars.