OK so this time we weren't quite as good as previously in that we had a few penalties and we gave up a sack, but we still did pretty good on offense. And special teams and defense really stepped up, so major kudos to them. I was a bit worried about their special teams but it turned out to be OUR special teams that really turned the game for us. Congrats to Tate for finally finding the endzone and for Pacman for getting things started by setting us up for a short TD drive early in the game. And of course we mustn't forget Nelson bringing home the game-icing pick-6 for the knockout blow.
Unfortunately the running game didn't do as much as we hoped. Now don't get me wrong, it was fairly decent and it was a pretty good defense we were facing off against as well. But I also figure we all hoped to see Scott (or at least somebody) make it into the endzone on the ground and it never happened. Well maybe next week. Still Scott showed that in space he can be pretty dangerous, so we need to use him more. Hopefully we will.
We didn't fall for the trap game last week, will we fall for it this week? We have four critical games against division rivals coming up in the very near future, are we going to make the mistake of overlooking the Titans? The way they beat up on the Colts suggest we would be unwise to do so. Oh I still think we can beat them, but it probably won't be a pushover unless we turn ourselves into one by overlooking them.
Oh and please remember to un-rec the previous week's post if you rec'd it previously...
Scoring recap post from last week is repeated below the jump as well as the summary version of the rules. (Review the original full write-up of the rules here if you like.) Pick your player in the comments and have fun!
I still haven’t gotten to watch this game, I wasn’t able to watch it live, and I haven’t had time to pull it up on Game Rewind yet. I plan on rectifying that as soon as I can, but in the meantime I better go on ahead and get all the numbers processed so we’re ready for next week.
We had 46 legitimate entries this week, which means a maximum standard score of 45 (before doubling for a defensive score). And most of the players who would count for a score in this week’s game were picked, with the exception of Gibril Wilson who recovered the fumble Howard forced. Interestingly that was the only fumble of the entire game, so extra props to Howard for forcing it.
Here are our weekly points scored:
ItsAlwaysSunnyInDayton – 90 pts (Reggie Nelson)
occams_tiger_teeth – 45 pts (Brandon Tate)
MCSubtext – 40 pts (Jerome Simpson)
Jordan G – 40 pts (Jerome Simpson)
CBJKing – 40 pts (Jerome Simpson)
The Dealio – 40 pts (Jerome Simpson)
Paul Cannon – 40 pts (Jerome Simpson)
DiabeticBengal – 40 pts (Jerome Simpson)
Rockhound-11 – 33 pts (A.J. Green)
Cry – 33 pts (A.J. Green)
diehard bengals fan 20 – 33 pts (A.J. Green)
featherman – 33 pts (A.J. Green)
Purple City Middie – 33 pts (A.J. Green)
Mr. X – 33 pts (A.J. Green)
BoomerEsiason’sLoveChild – 33 pts (A.J. Green)
rudebengal18 – 33 pts (A.J. Green)
BonnieBengal – 33 pts (A.J. Green)
duffmane – 33 pts (A.J. Green)
Luke – 33 pts (A.J. Green)
James Schmid the great – 33 pts (A.J. Green)
Aether – 33 pts (A.J. Green)
boynamedsue – 22 pts (Thomas Howard)
Added to previous standings, this gives us a week 8 leaderboard of:
1. duffmane – 202 pts
2. Paul Cannon – 201 pts
3. Cry – 195 pts
4. The Dealio – 187 pts
5. MCSubtext – 184 pts
6. Jordan G – 171 pts
7. ItsAlwaysSunnyInDayton – 169 pts
8. bill schwab – 166 pts
9. ephram – 159 pts
10. BoomerEsiason’sLoveChild – 153 pts
11t. Boomer Lion – 152 pts
11t. JerseyBengal – 152 pts
12. Rockhound-11 – 150 pts
13. Mr. X – 149 pts
14t. Cedric Benson Boat Party – 148 pts
14t. diehard bengals fan 20 – 148 pts
15t. BonnieBengal – 142 pts
15t. James Schmid the great – 142 pts
16. featherman – 131 pts
17. TruWhoDey – 125 pts
18. Pardon_My_French – 122 pts
19. Throw the ball – 116 pts
20. rudebengal18 – 115 pts
21. jim0ijk – 113 pts
22. Grizzlyfox – 107 pts
23. biggie22 – 106 pts
24. Aether – 103 pts
25. these3words – 90 pts
26. jimbasa – 88 pts
27. Luke – 86 pts
28. DiabeticBengal – 83 pts
29. Alexneyer – 82 pts
30. Striped_To_Impress – 81 pts
31. WHYUS!! – 75 pts
32. KyleStyle11 – 74 pts
33t. bengalsfanforlife – 72 pts
33t. LookingDeep – 72 pts
34. 70sav – 73 pts
35t. i am will – 70 pts
35t. JADefense – 70 pts
35t. K312 – 70 pts
35t. Joe Goodberry – 70 pts
35t. BradDwayne – 70 pts
35t. CincyMike56 – 70 pts
35t. emeybee – 70 pts
36t. Richard L – 52 pts
36t. FriarBob – 52 pts
37. cincyplayoffwin2012 – 46 pts
38. occams_tiger_teeth – 45 pts
39. casapennec – 44 pts
40. CBJKing – 40 pts
41. Purple City Middie – 33 pts
42. ThreeofSpades – 28 pts
43. boynamedsue – 22 pts
Here is a quick recap of the rules.
- Pick one player (Make it easy on me, make him the title of your post. Both first and last name please, and please try to avoid nicknames or blatant misspellings.) who is NOT officially listed as a QB, P, or PK on the roster.
- An offensive score is worth one point per participant who did not pick your player.
- A defensive player is worth 2/1/0.5 point(s) per participant who did not pick your player based on if he 2) actually scored, 1) gained possession of the ball for the team but didn't actually score, or 0.5) allowed the Bengals to gain possession by causing a fumble (or blocking a kick) that another Bengals player recovered. Sacks or tackles behind the line of and by themselves are not worth anything unless they are a strip-sack (0.5 points if we recover) or they are also a safety (2 points). All half-points will be rounded down. A blocked FG is always 0.5 for the blocker, a blocked punt is the same unless the blocker is the only person (on either team) to touch the ball before it becomes a safety (in which case it becomes 2 points).
- You score the maximum possible points for your player but only one time. So a defensive player who forces an opponent's fumble that Cincinnati recovers and recovers another opponent's fumble at a different point in the game is worth 1x points (not 1.5x cumulative).
- Keep commentary to the bare minimum please.
- Predictions on how they will score are not required, and if you provide one they don't net you any bonus if you are right nor do they detract if you are wrong (so long as they do actually score by game rules).
- Try to be original yet still pick somebody you think has a realistic chance to score or cause a turnover.
- Only ONE (1) player entry per contestant, per week is allowed. Unless your first player was on the roster at the start of the week and is put on IR/cut/traded before the next week, your first comment is your player, so pick carefully.
- Deadline for player entries each week is THIRTY (30) minutes prior to kickoff.