CINCINNATI, OH - NOVEMBER 13: Cedric Benson #32 of the Cincinnati Bengals runs the ball against the Pittsburgh Steelers at Paul Brown Stadium on November 13, 2011 in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Steelers won 24-17. (Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty Images)
Good morning everyone. I hope your week is off to a good start. If it isn't then grab some donuts and eat your troubles away. Probably not the healthiest thing to do, but there are worse things you could do.
So the Bengals lost for the third time on Sunday, we all know that. But it's not the end of the world. It's time to move on from that loss and focus on this Sunday's game against the Baltimore Ravens. There's no need to dwell on last Sunday's game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
For the second week in a row the Bengals will be squaring-off against one of the better teams in the league. Despite their age on defense, Baltimore still has one of the best defensive units in the game. I don't care what others say, but you can't cast aside the Ravens defense just because of their age. Yes, they aren't what they used to be, but they are still solid overall.
As for the Bengals defense, well we'll have to see if they continue to own Joe Flacco. I have a feeling that they will. And stopping Flacco and Ray Rice is going to be vital for Cincinnati. They cannot have a repeat performance of their first half against Pittsburgh. Actually I'll go as far as saying that they cannot let the Ravens score on their first two possessions whereas the Steelers cruised down field for two straight scores to open up the game. Let's hope the Bengals don't have that repeat performance.
Alright here is what you may have missed or overlooked from Tuesday.
- According to a Las Vegas district attorney, Bengals cornerback Adam Jones will not face jail time for two misdemeanor charges that were filed against him in July.
- The Colts have released former Bengals cornerback Morgan Trent. Is it possible that he could wined up with the Bengals again?
- With Leon Hall's season-ending injury, the Bengals are in need of a cornerback, or two, or three. On Tuesday Walter McFadden was signed to the practice squad.
- Bengals rookies A.J. Green and Andy Dalton have both played amazingly this season. And both of them are closing in on a rookie record.
- Alright, let's say that for some reason the regular season were to suddenly end today, whether that's aliens taking over the world, zombies eliminating the human race, or some other strange and twisted scenario, come up with your own if you aren't in favor of those. Well if it did, then the Bengals would claim the final wild card spot.
- For the statistical junkies here are both sides of the statistical coin from the Bengals and Steelers game.
- Despite their loss on Sunday, the Bengals suffered a minimal drop in the latest NFL power rankings.
- The Game Ball of the Week goes to....... I'll only tell you if you can name the last decent movie starring Val Kilmer.
- On Sunday the Bengals had two players who made key contributions during their battle with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Due to their performance we decided on giving both of them the honor for the play of the game.