Well that was an interesting week. And I'm not just talking about the game, necessarily. I'm partially back and that's going to have to be good enough for now. I just wish the refs would figure out how to get their eyes fixed. Then again, when you give up two touchdowns in the first 3 minutes of the game (even if one of them was of debatable legality) you don't really deserve to win anyway. Despite that, the boys fought hard and they deserve some respect for that.
Well now on to Baltimore. We've had their number for most of the last few years but we are now missing our two best cornerbacks from previous years and I don't know how that's going to affect things. If our DL can get enough pressure on Flacco, maybe it won't matter. If they can't, it almost certainly will, however.
Oh and please remember to un-rec the previous week's post if you rec'd it previously...
Scoring recap post from last week is repeated below the jump as well as the summary version of the rules. (Review the original full write-up of the rules here if you like.) Pick your player in the comments and have fun!
Well this has been an interesting, irritating, and overlong delay in my ability to return and get this all tabulated and calculated. I will not bore you with the details, let’s just leave it at I hope none of you ever truly understand how I’ve been feeling. I’m not yet 100% but I’m good enough to get at least some things done and I’m going to try to catch up now before this gets even more ridiculously overdue.
In week 10, we had much more normal scoring, as A.J. Green got back into the action we all expect of him on a weekly basis. Hopefully he will be healthy this weekend for Baltimore, because we need him. Also Gresham got used again, but unfortunately none of the other receivers could step up when we needed them most. The only other person who scored points in this game was Leon Hall, and his presence will be sorely missed both here and on the field I suspect. Tis a great pity nobody picked him for his final week of eligibility…
Here are the weekly points scored:
CBJKing – 41 pts (Jermaine Gresham)
LookingDeep – 41 pts (Jermaine Gresham)
BonnieBengal – 41 pts (Jermaine Gresham)
rudebengal18 – 41 pts (Jermaine Gresham)
Cry – 33 pts (A.J. Green)
JerseyBengal – 33 pts (A.J. Green)
diehard bengals fan 20 – 33 pts (A.J. Green)
Rockhound-11 – 33 pts (A.J. Green)
cincyplayoffwin2012 – 33 pts (A.J. Green)
BoomerEsiason’sLoveChild – 33 pts (A.J. Green)
Luke – 33 pts (A.J. Green)
Paul Cannon – 33 pts (A.J. Green)
James Schmid the great – 33 pts (A.J. Green)
Mr. X – 33 pts (A.J. Green)
KyleStyle11 – 33 pts (A.J. Green)
Boomer Lion – 33 pts (A.J. Green)
Added to previous standings, this gives us a week 10 leaderboard of:
1. Paul Cannon – 234 pts
2. Cry – 228 pts
3. duffmane – 202 pts
4. rudebengal18 – 197 pts
5. The Dealio – 187 pts
6. BoomerEsiason’sLoveChild – 186 pts
7t. Boomer Lion – 185 pts
7t. JerseyBengal – 185 pts
8. MCSubtext – 184 pts
9t. Rockhound-11 – 183 pts
9t. BonnieBengal – 183 pts
10. Mr. X – 182 pts
11. diehard bengals fan 20 – 181 pts
12. James Schmid the great – 175 pts
13. Jordan G – 171 pts
14. ItsAlwaysSunnyInDayton – 169 pts
15. bill schwab – 166 pts
16t. ephram – 159 pts
16t. Throw the ball – 159 pts
17. Cedric Benson Boat Party – 148 pts
18. Aether – 144 pts
19. featherman – 131 pts
20. TruWhoDey – 125 pts
21. Pardon_My_French – 122 pts
22. Luke – 119 pts
23t. jim0ijk – 113 pts
23t. LookingDeep – 113 pts
24t. Grizzlyfox – 107 pts
24t. KyleStyle11 – 107 pts
25. biggie22 – 106 pts
26. these3words – 90 pts
27. jimbasa – 88 pts
28. DiabeticBengal – 83 pts
29. Alexneyer – 82 pts
30. Striped_To_Impress – 81 pts
31. CBJKing – 81 pts
32. cincyplayoffwin2012 – 79 pts
33. WHYUS!! – 75 pts
34. bengalsfanforlife – 72 pts
35. 70sav – 73 pts
36t. i am will – 70 pts
36t. JADefense – 70 pts
36t. K312 – 70 pts
36t. Joe Goodberry – 70 pts
36t. BradDwayne – 70 pts
36t. CincyMike56 – 70 pts
36t. emeybee – 70 pts
37t. Richard L – 52 pts
37t. FriarBob – 52 pts
38. occams_tiger_teeth – 45 pts
39. casapennec – 44 pts
40. Rocket_Man_G – 41 pts
41. Purple City Middie – 33 pts
42. ThreeofSpades – 28 pts
43. boynamedsue – 22 pts
Here is a quick recap of the rules.
- Pick one player (Make it easy on me, make him the title of your post. Both first and last name please, and please try to avoid nicknames or blatant misspellings.) who is NOT officially listed as a QB, P, or PK on the roster.
- An offensive score is worth one point per participant who did not pick your player.
- A defensive player is worth 2/1/0.5 point(s) per participant who did not pick your player based on if he 2) actually scored, 1) gained possession of the ball for the team but didn't actually score, or 0.5) allowed the Bengals to gain possession by causing a fumble (or blocking a kick) that another Bengals player recovered. Sacks or tackles behind the line of and by themselves are not worth anything unless they are a strip-sack (0.5 points if we recover) or they are also a safety (2 points). All half-points will be rounded down. A blocked FG is always 0.5 for the blocker, a blocked punt is the same unless the blocker is the only person (on either team) to touch the ball before it becomes a safety (in which case it becomes 2 points).
- You score the maximum possible points for your player but only one time. So a defensive player who forces an opponent's fumble that Cincinnati recovers and recovers another opponent's fumble at a different point in the game is worth 1x points (not 1.5x cumulative).
- Keep commentary to the bare minimum please.
- Predictions on how they will score are not required, and if you provide one they don't net you any bonus if you are right nor do they detract if you are wrong (so long as they do actually score by game rules).
- Try to be original yet still pick somebody you think has a realistic chance to score or cause a turnover.
- Only ONE (1) player entry per contestant, per week is allowed. Unless your first player was on the roster at the start of the week and is put on IR/cut/traded before the next week, your first comment is your player, so pick carefully.
- Deadline for player entries each week is THIRTY (30) minutes prior to kickoff.