Here are the top five moves, I'd like to see the Bengals make going into the 2nd half of season. Not only because they may be able to help us win this year, WHICH IS MOST IMPORTANT. But they will also give us a better idea of what priorities this team may need to address next year and in the off-season for another Super Bowl run:)
1. Give Andrew Hawkins a shot at punt returns (still utilize pacman for critical situations). Brandon Tate is terrible and I cannot stand to see him back there anymore, baby hawk is explosive and I think he could be a real spark for this team in the return game.
2. Replace Chris Crocker with Taylor Mays at safety. I like Chris Crocker's veteran presence but he's been terrible all around this year. Even if Taylor Mays struggles a bit in ccoverage it cannot be much of a drop off from what Chris has given this year, therefore you almost have to get Mays in the mix.
3. Reduce Ceds workload, or another way to put it would be to say please play Bernard Scott more (I know we have to an extent but I'd like to see even more). It doesn't have to be every other series either, I'd like to see them switch them up randomly more during certain series so they can really utilize having a change of pace back. Ideally, I'd like to see Ced get 45% of the carries, B. Scott to get 40% of the carries, and B. Leonard to get the other 15% of the carries.
4. Work Brandon Ghee in at some at Nickel corner back. I really want to see what we have in him and I'm not 100% sold Kelly Jennnings yet. We are not sure if Leon Hall will ever be able to fully recover and come back from his type of injury and we need to find out what Brandon Ghee has to offer to this team. If he sucks, I'd like to find out sooner rather than later (in a limited role @ nickel back) this season so we will potentially be able to address another need in the off season if need be.
5. Utilize Donte Moch in certain obvious pass rushing situations. Not full time, but I would like to see the kid get a shot to play some this year in certain pass rushing situations. Carlos Dunlap didn't really get his shot to play until the 2nd half of last year and when he got his shot he dominated, especially as a pass rush specialist. Hopefully, they can get similiar results from Moch.