Good morning Bengals Nation. Happy Thanksgiving! Today is all about being with family and stuffing your mouth full of turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, stuffing, and pumpkin pie, or whatever is served at your house. Either way enjoy the day. There's going to be some football and good food. Can't argue with that.
Alright so we are only three days away from game day. The Bengals will be looking to get the sweep in the Battle of Ohio. In week one the Bengals came from behind to defeat the Browns 27-17. Thanks to Bruce Gradkowski who came in in a relief role after Andy Dalton had to exit after the first half due to shoulder issues the Bengals were able to start the season off on the right foot.
In that game we witnessed Dalton complete his first career touchdown pass. We also got to see A.J. Green score his first career touchdown as well on his only reception of the game. And the running game was absolutely outstanding. Cedric Benson ran for 121 yards and one touchdown on 25 carries. That by far has been his best performance of the season.
This Sunday the Bengals will need a repeat performance from Benson. And this very well could be his week since he always seems to perform better against the Browns. As for Dalton, the Bengals will need him to rebound from his rocky performance against the Baltimore Ravens where he threw three interceptions. Having Green back will be a huge boost for the Bengals offense. Even though he was out last week, the Bengals wide receivers core did step up there game, but having Green back will only be a plus.
Alright enough of my rambling. Go enjoy some turkey, family time, and football. Happy Thanksgiving Bengals Nation!
Alright here is a look at what you may have missed or overlooked from Wednesday.
- According to ProFootballFocus.com Bengals punter Kevin Huber is the 27th best punter in the league. I think their ranking system is a bit off. But Huber probably hurt his ranking with that 15-yard punt last week.
- Here is the latest news from around the AFC North.
- Here is the injury and practice report from Wednesday for the Bengals and Browns. A.J. Green's status will be clearer after this week's practices.
- It's time to vote for your favorite caption in our weekly caption contest.
- This Sunday the Bengals look to get back in the win column. And this game is probably more important than the Bengals' past two games. Their playoff chances could hinge on this game.
- Linebacker Bruce Davis has been signed to the Bengals practice squad.
- The Cincy Jungle Week 11 MVP goes to......
- Bengals wide receiver Jerome Simpson has been nominated for AFC Offensive Player of the Week.