Well I'm sorta-back and at least feeling mostly OK. Not great yet. That will probably take another week or so. But I'm in one piece. Sometimes that's all you can ask for.
Yesterday royally sucked for our team, but we've got some weaker opponents we can hopefully pick on coming up and maybe we can at least get a winning record out of the year. That's a TON better than most people would have given us any hope for before the season. Sure we'd like better. But it's a step in the right direction. If we can continue to improve rather than just do it every other year or so, then maybe we can finally get where we really want to be in another couple of years. Next year we play the AFC West and the NFC East. Not exactly a cakewalk schedule but it won't be impossibly hard either. So we'll have a shot to at least achieve decency.
But that's for next year. This year we still have three games left and we need to do the best we can with what time we have left to set the tone for the future.
Please remember to un-rec the previous week's post if you rec'd it previously...
Scoring recap post from last week is repeated below the jump as well as the summary version of the rules. (Review the original full write-up of the rules here if you like.) Pick your player in the comments and have fun!
Well that was a thoroughly disgusting end to the game. If the Bengals could have held on for the win I wouldn’t have minded losing in fantasy. To have two of my three teams lose on the same day was extremely disgusting, however. And once again we kept our kicker busy and as a result we failed to win the game. Unfortunately we didn’t have any fourth-and-one options, we were 4th-and-4 or worse every time. This too doesn’t help. We have a good team, not a great team. We have GOT to win on the early downs and give our guys a chance at third-and-manageable.
Well at least the next two weeks we play teams with losing records. By no means is that ANY guarantee of victory, of course. But it does match us up against teams in our weight class and gives us a better chance of pulling off the win. Oh and one of those teams is still technically in playoff contention, just like we are. Whether we manage to make it or not in the end, playing spoiler CAN be quite a bit of fun.
As for this week, we had 41 legitimate entries so we had some decent scoring. Unfortunately we had a single TD scored, and that hurt a lot of us who were expecting some Green Magic to show up. Also, nobody picked Sting-Rey, which was sad because he single-handedly gave us one extra possession and came within a millimeter of giving us another. If Geno would have just fallen on the ball at the 14 instead of trying to scoop and score, then not only would he have scored more points in this game (by giving us possession of the ball) but by giving the offense another possession TJ’s late-game heroics might never have happened. Nuts!
Here are the weekly points scored:
Richard L – 40 pts (Jonathan Fanene)
BonnieBengal – 39 pts (Reggie Nelson)
WHYUS!! – 39 pts (Reggie Nelson)
James Schmid the great – 37 pts (Jerome Simpson)
Rocket_Man_G – 37 pts (Jerome Simpson)
TruWhoDey – 37 pts (Jerome Simpson)
KyleStyle11 – 37 pts (Jerome Simpson)
LookingDeep – 20 pts (Geno Atkins)
Added to previous standings, this gives us a week 14 leaderboard of:
1. Paul Cannon – 291 pts
2. Boomer Lion – 275 pts
3. BoomerEsiason’sLoveChild – 274 pts
4. Mr. X – 270 pts
5. BonnieBengal – 251 pts
6. The Dealio – 247 pts
7. diehard bengals fan 20 – 242 pts
8. James Schmid the great – 239 pts
9. Cry – 228 pts
10. MCSubtext – 213 pts
11. duffmane – 202 pts
12. Rockhound-11 – 201 pts
13. rudebengal18 – 197 pts
14. ephram – 192 pts
15. JerseyBengal – 185 pts
16. Aether – 173 pts
17. Jordan G – 171 pts
18. Cedric Benson Boat Party – 170 pts
19. ItsAlwaysSunnyInDayton – 169 pts
20. jim0ijk – 168 pts
21. bill schwab – 166 pts
22. TruWhoDey – 162 pts
23. Throw the ball – 159 pts
24. Pardon_My_French – 155 pts
25. WHYUS!! – 150 pts
26. KyleStyle11 – 144 pts
27. featherman – 131 pts
28t. 70sav – 134 pts
28t. cincyplayoffwin2012 – 134 pts
29. LookingDeep – 133 pts
30. Luke – 119 pts
31. Alexneyer – 111 pts
32. Grizzlyfox – 107 pts
33. biggie22 – 106 pts
34. Richard L – 92 pts
35. these3words – 90 pts
36. jimbasa – 88 pts
37. DiabeticBengal – 83 pts
38t. Striped_To_Impress – 81 pts
38t. CBJKing – 81 pts
39. Rocket_Man_G – 78 pts
40. bengalsfanforlife – 72 pts
41t. i am will – 70 pts
41t. JADefense – 70 pts
41t. K312 – 70 pts
41t. Joe Goodberry – 70 pts
41t. BradDwayne – 70 pts
41t. CincyMike56 – 70 pts
41t. emeybee – 70 pts
41t. FriarBob – 70 pts
42. sexsalad – 55 pts
43. occams_tiger_teeth – 45 pts
44. casapennec – 44 pts
45. Purple City Middie – 33 pts
46. ThreeofSpades – 28 pts
47. the Flying Pig – 27 pts
48. boynamedsue – 22 pts
And, by repeated request, the alphabetical roll-call of people who have tried but failed to score any points for the entire season. In order to get on and stay on this list, you must have at least submitted a legitimate pick every week (though I’m not going back to recalculate things so I’m starting only with those who were qualified as of week 12) and continue to fail to score points any points for the entire season.
Here is a quick recap of the rules.
- Pick one player (Make it easy on me, make him the title of your post. Both first and last name please, and please try to avoid nicknames or blatant misspellings.) who is NOT officially listed as a QB, P, or PK on the roster.
- An offensive score is worth one point per participant who did not pick your player.
- A defensive player is worth 2/1/0.5 point(s) per participant who did not pick your player based on if he 2) actually scored, 1) gained possession of the ball for the team but didn't actually score, or 0.5) allowed the Bengals to gain possession by causing a fumble (or blocking a kick) that another Bengals player recovered. Sacks or tackles behind the line of and by themselves are not worth anything unless they are a strip-sack (0.5 points if we recover) or they are also a safety (2 points). All half-points will be rounded down. A blocked FG is always 0.5 for the blocker, a blocked punt is the same unless the blocker is the only person (on either team) to touch the ball before it becomes a safety (in which case it becomes 2 points).
- You score the maximum possible points for your player but only one time. So a defensive player who forces an opponent's fumble that Cincinnati recovers and recovers another opponent's fumble at a different point in the game is worth 1x points (not 1.5x cumulative).
- Keep commentary to the bare minimum please.
- Predictions on how they will score are not required, and if you provide one they don't net you any bonus if you are right nor do they detract if you are wrong (so long as they do actually score by game rules).
- Try to be original yet still pick somebody you think has a realistic chance to score or cause a turnover.
- Only ONE (1) player entry per contestant, per week is allowed. Unless your first player was on the roster at the start of the week and is put on IR/cut/traded before the next week, your first comment is your player, so pick carefully.
- Deadline for player entries each week is THIRTY (30) minutes prior to kickoff.