After losing four of the last five games, including losing to the Ravens once and the Steelers twice, the Bengals aren't really in position to win the AFC North anymore. For a while they were the top team in the division, even the top team in the entire conference, but that's not the case anymore. Now the Bengals just have to focus on winning the last three games to squeak into the playoffs as a wildcard team.... but that's a lot easier said than done.
But before we get too far ahead of ourselves, here's what's currently going on around the AFC North according to each team's SB Nation site.
From the Baltimore Beat Down:
- The Ravens ability to stay healthy has led to their success in 2011.
- The Ravens will face off against some familiar faces in San Diego when they take on the Chargers Sunday night.
- Ray Rice's success balances Joe Flacco's game.
From Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Has the NFL "painted themselves into a corner" by suspending James Harrison?
- Five burning questions as the Steelers enter the last three weeks of the 2011 regular season.
- Charlie Batch will play if Ben Roethlisberger is unable to start against the 49ers in Week 15.
From Dawgs by Nature:
- Injury report: quarterback Colt McCoy still unable to practice.
- Mike Holmgren press conference transcript.
- Holmgren offers clarification on concussion incident involving Colt McCoy.