Hmm, what to say about last week. We won. That's good. On the other hand, we came entirely too close to losing to a clearly inferior team for my taste. At this point it's clear this team has potential but it's simply not ready for primetime yet. Let's get a good draft class in next year and hope for better in the future. But the season isn't over yet and we do have at least two games left, maybe three. (If you really think we are winning a playoff game with this team and getting to four, I have some nice bridges that I would like to sell you...) And that means we can still get some more scoring in this game this year.
This week we have another team coming to town whose actually at least technically a playoff contender. Realistically the Cardinals are not going to make the playoffs barring a complete collapse by either the FoulClowns or the Hello Kitties (or both). Granted I suppose those are POSSIBLE... but one or both teams have to lose out and then the Cards have to win out. I'm not sure the Cards can take Seattle right now, and even if they do, do you REALLY think that the Foulclowns will lose to a Bumpkineer team in full-meltdown you're smoking something you really shouldn't be. And I really don't think Detroit is incapable of handling the Pack if they are resting half their starters now that the undefeated season is toast. But whether we make the playoffs or not, we can at least play spoiler and put the Cardinals out of their misery. I'm game for that.
Please remember to un-rec the previous week's post if you rec'd it previously...
Scoring recap post from last week is repeated below the jump as well as the summary version of the rules. (Review the original full write-up of the rules here if you like.) Pick your player in the comments and have fun!
Well on one hand, we won a game we were supposed to. That’s good. On the other hand, we really got outplayed in many ways and that’s not a recipe for success in the playoffs. At this point, I’m not sure if I really want us to make it. A higher draft pick would make it easier for us to find the help we need for next year in the draft. (And I don’t want the Raiders making it either for the same reason.)
Well we did have some participation in this game this week, but it was pretty light. And our defense just flat didn’t show up. Only Atkins managed to even force a single fumble and we couldn’t manage to come up with the recovery. Not much else to praise them for aside for a few sacks (which don’t score points here). And with only 35 legitimate entries and only two rushing touchdowns scored, that means only the ten people who picked Cedric will get points this week. Somewhat amusingly to me, against a Rams team that everybody knows sucks defending the run, nobody picked Scott… just in time for him to finally score after all. Oh well.
Each of the following people scored 25 points this week for Benson’s TD:
the Flying Pig
James Schmid the great
Added to previous standings, this gives us a week 15 leaderboard of:
1. Mr. X – 295 pts
2. Paul Cannon – 291 pts
3. Boomer Lion – 275 pts
4. BoomerEsiason’sLoveChild – 274 pts
5. The Dealio – 272 pts
6. BonnieBengal – 251 pts
7. James Schmid the great – 264 pts
8. diehard bengals fan 20 – 242 pts
9. Cry – 228 pts
10. MCSubtext – 213 pts
11. duffmane – 202 pts
12. Rockhound-11 – 201 pts
13. rudebengal18 – 197 pts
14. jim0ijk – 193 pts
15. ephram – 192 pts
16. JerseyBengal – 185 pts
17. Aether – 173 pts
18. Jordan G – 171 pts
19. Cedric Benson Boat Party – 170 pts
20. ItsAlwaysSunnyInDayton – 169 pts
21. bill schwab – 166 pts
22. TruWhoDey – 162 pts
23t. Throw the ball – 159 pts
23t. 70sav – 159 pts
24. Pardon_My_French – 155 pts
25. WHYUS!! – 150 pts
26t. KyleStyle11 – 144 pts
26t. Luke – 144 pts
27. cincyplayoffwin2012 – 134 pts
28. LookingDeep – 133 pts
29. Grizzlyfox – 132 pts
30. featherman – 131 pts
31. Alexneyer – 111 pts
32t. biggie22 – 106 pts
32t. CBJKing – 106 pts
33. FriarBob – 95 pts
34. Richard L – 92 pts
35. these3words – 90 pts
36. jimbasa – 88 pts
37. DiabeticBengal – 83 pts
38. Striped_To_Impress – 81 pts
39. Rocket_Man_G – 78 pts
40. bengalsfanforlife – 72 pts
41t. i am will – 70 pts
41t. JADefense – 70 pts
41t. K312 – 70 pts
41t. Joe Goodberry – 70 pts
41t. BradDwayne – 70 pts
41t. CincyMike56 – 70 pts
41t. emeybee – 70 pts
42. sexsalad – 55 pts
43. the Flying Pig – 52 pts
44. occams_tiger_teeth – 45 pts
45. casapennec – 44 pts
46. Purple City Middie – 33 pts
47. ThreeofSpades – 28 pts
48. boynamedsue – 22 pts
And, by repeated request, the alphabetical roll-call of people who have tried but failed to score any points for the entire season. In order to get on and stay on this list, you must have at least submitted a legitimate pick every week (though I’m not going back to recalculate things so I’m starting only with those who were qualified as of week 12) and continue to fail to score points any points for the entire season.
Here is a quick recap of the rules.
- Pick one player (Make it easy on me, make him the title of your post. Both first and last name please, and please try to avoid nicknames or blatant misspellings.) who is NOT officially listed as a QB, P, or PK on the roster.
- An offensive score is worth one point per participant who did not pick your player.
- A defensive player is worth 2/1/0.5 point(s) per participant who did not pick your player based on if he 2) actually scored, 1) gained possession of the ball for the team but didn't actually score, or 0.5) allowed the Bengals to gain possession by causing a fumble (or blocking a kick) that another Bengals player recovered. Sacks or tackles behind the line of and by themselves are not worth anything unless they are a strip-sack (0.5 points if we recover) or they are also a safety (2 points). All half-points will be rounded down. A blocked FG is always 0.5 for the blocker, a blocked punt is the same unless the blocker is the only person (on either team) to touch the ball before it becomes a safety (in which case it becomes 2 points).
- You score the maximum possible points for your player but only one time. So a defensive player who forces an opponent's fumble that Cincinnati recovers and recovers another opponent's fumble at a different point in the game is worth 1x points (not 1.5x cumulative).
- Keep commentary to the bare minimum please.
- Predictions on how they will score are not required, and if you provide one they don't net you any bonus if you are right nor do they detract if you are wrong (so long as they do actually score by game rules).
- Try to be original yet still pick somebody you think has a realistic chance to score or cause a turnover.
- Only ONE (1) player entry per contestant, per week is allowed. Unless your first player was on the roster at the start of the week and is put on IR/cut/traded before the next week, your first comment is your player, so pick carefully.
- Deadline for player entries each week is THIRTY (30) minutes prior to kickoff.