Every week we're going to start coming out with our own NFL power rankings. The thought behind this decision basically boiled down to everybody else is doing it so I guess we should too.
And yes, if our friends jumped off a bridge,
it's because we pushed them we would jump too.
So, without further ado, here are the Cincy Jungle Week 14 power ranking supplied by none other than Joe Goodberry:
1) Green Bay Packers: Best QB and best WR group on the best team in a passing league. It's going to be tough to beat them.
2) New Orleans Saints: We didn't know it at the time, but that opening day game was between the two best teams in the NFL. Saints are the biggest threat to Packers.
3) Pittsburgh Steelers: The best team in the AFC will probably be a Wild card team but that hasn't stop the Steelers before.
5) San Francisco 49ers: The best front-7 in football to go along with a QB who is playing mistake-free football. That's a tough combination.
6) New England Patriots: Does Tom Brady see in slow motion? If their defense was respectable, they'd rank higher.
7) Houston Texans: It's scary what Wade Phillips and adding a shutdown corner can do for a defense. How far can Yates take this team?
8) Atlanta Falcons: I still think they can be legit contenders but they haven't showed it vs. elite competition.
9) Dallas Cowboys: Could have been the 3rd best team in the NFC if their coach was a little more aggressive at the end of the game.
10) New York Jets: Nobody and everybody wants to play the Jets. It just depends on what Jets team you're actually playing that week.
11) New York Giants: Even though they lost to the Packers, I bet Green Bay is hoping they don't see the Giants in the playoffs.
12) Detroit Lions: This team could've had a legit chance. Then Best got hurt, Suh went nuts and Schwartz lost control of his team.
15) Cincinnati Bengals: They're good enough to beat the average teams but young enough to lose to the better teams. Injuries are catching up to the Bengals. That Denver loss in week two could hurt them in the end.
16) Tennessee Titans: The Titans don't own many tiebreakers for a Wild card spot, but they have a chance to win the division now that CJ2K looks like he's back.
17) Chicago Bears: Their record shows they should ne higher, but without Cutler and Forte, you're looking at the least talented offense in the NFL.
18) San Diego Chargers: Never count out the Chargers and Phillip Rivers in December. They're two games back with four to play and Rivers is 23-2 in December in his career.
20) Miami Dolphins: Not only have they played themselves out of contention for Andrew Luck, they may be out of the Matt Barkley & RG3 races. Matt Moore better be the answer.
21) Buffalo Bills: Injuries and lack of depth have buried the Bills chances of playoffs. Major upgrades needed at skill positions in both sides of the ball.
24) Kansas City Chiefs: They've played hard in the last three weeks against some very talented teams. Too little too late though.
26) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: I don't believe Raheem Morris has lost this team. I do believe their record accurately reflects their talent.
27) Carolina Panthers: OK. I lied. This is the most exciting 'bad' team in the NFL. Cam and the Panthers have won two straight and are defiantly pointed in the right direction.
28) Philadelphia Eagles: This team has quit. Desean Jackson is the exact opposite of a team player. They need to get bigger and more physical.
29) Jacksonville Jaguars: Blaine Gabbert had his best performance of the year in the first half on Monday night. Blaine Gabbert had his worst performance of the year in the second half on Monday night.
30) Washington Redskins: Give Roy Helu 25 touches a game and maybe they'll win some games. You're playing Russian roulette when you let those two QBs throw note than 10 times per game.
31) St. Louis Rams: This team just isn't very talented outside of a few positions. They need a injection of major talent in the off season.
32) Indianapolis Colts: The veterans look like they've quit. Most of the guys looking for contracts or playing time are still playing hard. Most of them just aren't very good.