Good morning everyone! It's almost time for the weekend and relaxation.
Apparently lockouts are on the rage right now. Not only is the NFL in a lockout....still, but the NBA will soon be joining the sport stoppage.
But honestly I'm content with the NBA going into a lockout. I could care less about professional basketball. It's completely overrated and is more about fame and fortune instead of playing the game. Players are trying to be too flashy and their arrogance drives me insane. Just play the game!!
That's the end of that mini rant.
Alright new mini rant. Charlie Sheen admitted to using steroids during the filming of the movie Major League. I've seen multiple headlines and for some reason it appears as if this is earth-shattering news?
My comment is, who cares? I don't care if a washed-up actor used steroids over 20 years ago. That's like me stating I got a tattoo that reads "I'm bi-winning" on my back. Would anyone care? Nope. And why should they?
Now if an athlete uses steroids then tell me about it. I'm more concerned with athletes using performance-enhancing drugs instead of celebrities. Sheen using steroids so he could throw a flaming 85 mph isn't going to bother me. The only reason he's telling the media about that now is so he can get some attention. No one cares Charlie. Give it up and go back to your "epic parties."
Now if Aroldis Chapman used steroids and could suddenly throw 254,719 mph then you have my interest. I'm more interested if someone like Hines Ward, LeBron James, Sidney Crosby, or Albert Pujols is using illegal substances and can suddenly score 68 touchdowns, score 310 points a game, net 158 goals in a season, or hit 92 home runs in a season. That will grab my attention in a heartbeat. But not when an actor does it for a film.
Alright here's what you may have missed or overlooked from Thursday.
- The top-five Bengals players who have the most to prove next season starting with Jerome Simpson at No. 5 and Michael Johnson at No 4. I wonder who the top three are going to be.
- Rumblings from around the football world speculate that Michael Bush could be a possibility for the Bengals and that it is a make or break year for offensive lineman Andre Smith. I think Smith needs to prove that he can actually stop eating Big Macs for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- It is time to give some credit to Bengals cornerback Johnathan Joseph.I think Kirwan is missing something here. Seriously? His rankings are garbage are in my opinion.
- Chad Ochocinco stated that his "grass has been brown for a long time." I'll let you read and find out what he means by that one.
- Bengals legend Ken Anderson is going to coach Terrelle Pryor for the NFL's supplemental draft. Pryor is going to need all of the help that he can get.