Good morning everyone! I hope you all had a splendid weekend. Now it's time to get back to the daily grind of the work week. So grab yourself a cup of coffee and a box of donuts. Not just one donut, but instead the entire box. It's going to be one of those days.
Well this weekend got off to a great start in my opinion. I was ecstatic to hear that Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward was arrested and charged a DUI. I mean really now? Bothof the star players have been hit with legal woes now (Ben Roethlisberger being the other guy).
My question is, what is going to come of Hines Ward's incident? Is he going to be hit witha suspension, fine, both, or neither? Personally if it were me I would suspend him for the season, possibly the next 182 years, force him to go to AA, be placed on house arrest, and have him demand a trade to the Oakland Raiders or some CFL team. But then again I hate the Steelers and anything related to that team.
But in all honesty I do want to know what penalty Ward will be slapped with. Something like that cannot go unpunished. Not only was he putting his own life in danger, but he was putting the life of other civilians in danger as well.
I don't care how far over the legal limit he was. An intoxicated driver is always a hazard to the community. I think the usual penalty that any other driver who receives a DUI is in order, but hopefully the judge will hate the Steelers and add more to Ward's punishment.
Alright here's a look at what you may have missed or overlooked from the past three days.
- Judge Arthur Boylan has ordered an NFL mediation on July 19.
- Why it's even more vital for the Bengals to re-sign Johnathan Joseph. You'll find out why shortly.
- Caution was expressed on Adam Jones' arrest.
- Bengals cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones was arrested early Sunday morning and charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. At the time of his arrest Jones claimed that he was not drunk. Joneshas already been treading thin ice since he joined the Bengals. But unfortunately for him given his past record, if the charges do stick then it would probably mean the end of his tenure with the Bengals and even possibly his NFL career altogether.
- We took a look back at the Bengals vs. Steelers Monday Night Football match-up and how the Bengals fell 12 yards shy of upsetting the Steelers. Oh how that would have been one hell of a victory for the Bengals. Who knows, maybe if the Bengals would have won that game it would have given them more confidence and momentum for the remainder of the season.
- Ken Anderson believes that Terrelle Pryor could play quarterback in the NFL. Personally I view him more as a future quarterback in the CFL. But hey, that's just me.
- It was finally revealed as to who the best Bengals players of all-time to wear no. 61-70.
- The countdown of the top five Bengals cast-offs continued with the No. 2 selection and No. 3 selection. Looking back at the number two selection makes me shake my head in disbelief. Who would have guessed that one?
- According to one NFL Executive, Johnathan Joseph is the second-best free agent cornerback on the market. And from the Bengals vantage point, he should be their number one priority this offseason.
- The Buckeyes are vacating their victories from 2010 and their Sugar Bowl victory. What a shame that is. But the actions of the Ohio State football program cannot go unpunished. They are getting what they deserved. Note that isn't sarcasm from me.
- In the Bengals vs. Colts match-up, turnovers absolutely killed the Bengals chances of beating Peyton Manning for the time ever. Give credit to where credit is due. The Colts capitalized on the Bengals mistakes which ultimately destroyed the Bengals.
- The 8th Circuit Courts of Appeals ruled that the NFL lockout is legal. Thank you for taking so long to determine that. I appreciate the prompt time it took to come to that conclusion.
- Andy Dalton is likely to take a bulk of the snaps during training camp. I would hope so. Otherwise how is he going to learn the system and build a rhythm with the offense.
- Carson Palmer is going to participate in this year's American Century Championship Celebrity Golf Tournament. Well why not in his case? Considering he probably won't be playing in the NFL since I highly doubt Mike Brown decides it's time to raise the white flag in this situation.
- The Bengals defense forced a three-and-out at a 24.9 percent rate. Hopefully it will be better next season.