Good morning everyone! Time to get ready for the daily grind of the work week. I hope everyone had a relaxing weekend that involved swimming in your neighbor's pool (even if you're sworn enemies with them), grilling out on your neighbor's new grill (even if you despise them), and drinking a nice, refreshing cold beer with your actual friends.
Alright so now it seems to be a trend for Bengals players to get arrested. Wait didn't that already happen? Deja vu anyone?
Over the past week Adam "Pacman" Jones, Cedric Benson, and Marvin White have all been arrested. Hopefully for Benson's sake this won't his impending free agency. Will teams be wary of signing him because of his history with the law? If so, then will the Bengals be able to retain him at a lowered price? That wouldn't be the worst thing if you ask me. We all know what Benson is capable of and if the Bengals can bring him back at a cheaper price, then why not do it?
As for Jones, well in all honesty, I cannot envision him being a Bengal next season. I have a feeling that he has crossed the line for the final time and that his playing days are as good as done. Personally I would be content with him leaving. I was never that excited when the Bengals signed him in the first place. I knew it would only be a matter of time until he was in trouble with the law.....again.
As for White, I don't know what to expect. For all we know he could be awarded a three-year contract extension by Mike Brown. I mean Brown seems to have a fancy for those "bad boys." And that hasn't always been a good thing.
Only time will tell how the arrests of Jones, Benson, and White will impact their future with the Bengals and in the league.
Alright here's a look at what you may have missed or overlooked from the weekend.
- A piece on the five people that you meet in every office- Bengals Edition. It was broken down into part one and part two.
- On Thursday evening Marvin White was arrested for one count of simple assault and one count of disturbing the peace by loud and abusive language. He denies making any threats. The list just seems to keep on growing.
- Early Sunday morning Cedric Benson was arrested and charged with assault, causing bodily injury to a family member.
- Another reason was presented as to how the Bengals miss opportunities by not having a general manager. That list will only continue to get bigger as time goes on.
- A poll is being conducted to determine the best Bengals player of all-time to wear the number 85, 84, and 82. Cast your votes before it's too late!
- Carson Palmer is continuing to use the same throwing program that he has used in the past. My question is why? It's not as if Mike Brown is going to trade him. And it's not like he's going to suit up for the Bengals again. So what team is he expecting to play for? The Ontario Mooseheads?
- Bobbie Williams is rated as one of the best offensive guards in the NFL. Keep it up Bobbie!
- The best Bengals players of all-time to wear No. 71-80 in franchise history was revealed.
- Former Bengals running back Corey Dillon plead no contest to a misdemeanor for reckless driving. The incident took place in April 2010.
- Once the lockout is officially lifted the Bengals will have 72 hours to re-sign their own free agents. Bring back J.J. and Brandon Johnson!
- The Bengals are among the small market teams that are getting a temporary break in the new collective bargaining agreement. The Bengals need any type of break that they can get.
- New Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden indicated that the starting quarterback spot is Andy Dalton's to lose. That was a tough one to figure out.
- A scouting report for Evan Mathis was provided for everyone.
- A scouting report was provided for Brian Leonard as well.
- Dan Monk of the Business Courier, predicts Hamilton County will have to pay for a new replay system for the Bengals.
- If you're wondering if the 2011 Bengals are going to surprise anyone then look no further than their opponents.
- More evidence was provided as to why Andrew Whitworth is one of the league's top left tackles.
- Is the NFL Labor deal between owners and players close in principle? I hope so. I want to watch some football this year!
- A new NFL salary plan could potentially open the window and allow Carson Palmer to escape from Cincinnati in 2012. Good luck with that Palmer.