Good morning everyone! Time to rise and shine! Time to dash off to work and make it look as if you're working. I mean technically if you're at work and reading this then you aren't actually working. Just saying.
It always seems as if punters are taken for granted, but to me they are just as important as everyone else on the active roster. Their job is basic in the sense that they have to kick the living crap out of the football to get it as far down the field as possible while strategically placing it in enemy territory.
Back in 2009 when the Bengals drafted Huber I was ecstatic. Yes I was happy that Huber got drafted by his hometown team. Don't judge me. I watched him at the University of Cincinnati for two years where he was a first team All-American in 2008.
I don't know about you, but I was embarrassed to watch Kyle Larson go out and punt. It was a disgrace to see his average punt only be 39.5 yards in his final season with the Bengals. Every time Larson went out to punt I knew the opposing team would be set up with good field position. That always drove me insane. And I'm sure I wasn't alone.
Now with Huber as the punter, the special teams unit has taken a turn down the proper road. On average 33.3 percent of Huber's punts have been inside the 20-yard line whereas only 28.8 percent of Larson's punts ended up inside the 20-yard line. Huber has averaged 42.7 yards per punt during the his two seasons in the league.
Hopefully as time goes on Huber will improve even more and not go down the same path as Larson.
Alright here's what you may have missed or overlooked from Tuesday.
- We are now entering the final 10 days until the lockout could potentially cause problems for the Bengals. Great, just what we need, more problems for a team that doesn't have a clear direction it's heading in.
- The idea was proposed that forced spending could push the Bengals to hire a general manager. The day the Bengals hire a general manager is the day that I'm 7 feet tall and playing in the NBA. That will never happen. I'm not even close to being that tall and I also despise professional basketball.
- We want to know where you stand on the C.L.A.S.S. Action Cincinnati. Tell us what you think.
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, came up with a checklist for the Bengals. We decided to break it down into part one and part two.
- Our countdown of the top five Bengals cast offs starting with number five. Who would have thought that that one would come back to bite us in the rear? I guess it just depends on how you look at it.