EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ - AUGUST 21: Andy Dalton #14 of the Cincinnati Bengals looks to pass against the New York Jets during their pre season game on August 21, 2011 at the New Meadowlands Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey. (Photo by Al Bello/Getty Images)
Good morning everyone! I hope you had a relaxing weekend. There wasn't enough alcohol to help us fans make it through Bengals latest game.
One day fours football fans wanted to find out who was the most loyal to their team. A Chicago Bears fan, a Green Bay Packers fan, a Pittsburgh Steelers fan, and a Cincinnati Bengals fan. They all decided to climb to the top of a high mountain.
The Bears fan wanted to prove that he is the most loyal fan. To prove his point he yelled at the top of his lungs, "This is for the Chicago Bears!", and jumps off the mountain top. The Packers fan, not wanting to be outdone by his rival also yells at the top of his lungs, "This is for the Green Bay Packers!", and jumps off the mountain top.
Now it was the Bengals fan's turn. And knowing that he is the most loyal fan in all of football, he yells at the top of his lungs, "This is for the Cincinnati Bengals!", and pushes the Steelers fan off the mountain.
Alright here is a look at what you may have missed or overlooked from the weekend.
- In the second game of the preseason the Bengals lost to the New York Jets 27-7. Well, it's progress if you look at it. At least we scored a touchdown this time.
- The Bengals were without 15 players against the Jets. Early it was speculated that Carlos Dunlap was going to miss the game. And he did. Jermaine Gresham was a game-time decision for the Jets game.
- Check out our weekly podcast.
- The connections between the Bengals and Jets. Also check out the five things that you should have watched for on Sunday.
- In the latest roster prediction it was revealed that the secondary remains wide open, injuries have hurt the linebacker position, bolder bloggers would lock in the entire defensive line, seven offensive linemen are locked for the 2011 roster, another factor into deciding the final roster is the number of tight ends to keep, and 17 players from the offense are locks for the 2011 roster..
- Cornerback Adam Jones could return to practice sometime this week. Let's hope he doesn't miss a beat once he returns.
- In a preview of the Bengals vs. Jets game five positions and players that could impact the Bengals roster was discussed.
- A player report card of Clint Boling and Max Jean-Gilles against the Lions.
- According to Geoff Hobson the Bengals are interested in former Ohio State Buckeyes quarterback Terrelle Pryor. They Bengals will have part of the staff attend his workout.
- The Bengals decided not to pick up Andre Smith's option. This means that his contract is set to expire after the 2012 season.
- Cold Hard Football Facts ranks the Bengals at 29th in their power rankings.