Good morning everyone! I hope your week has started off on the right foot. So did anyone feel that earthquake today? I sure as hell didn't notice it, but apparently some of friends who live within eight miles of me did.
An elementary teachers starts a new job at a school in Pittsburgh and right away wants to make a good impression. On her first day of class she explained that she is a Steelers fan. She asks the class to raise their hands if they are also Steelers fans. Everyone in the class raised their hand except for one little boy.
The teacher looks at the boy with surprise and says: "Timmy, why didn't you raise your hand?"
"Because I'm not a Steelers fan," he replied.
The teacher still overcome by shock, asked, "Well if you're not a Steelers fan, then who do you support?"
"I'm a Bengals fan and proud of it," Timmy replied.
The teacher couldn't believe what they were hearing. "Timmy, why are you a Bengals fan?"
"Because my mom and dad are from Cincinnati and both of them are a Bengals fan. So I'm a Bengals fan too!" he replied.
"Well," said the teacher, in an obviously annoyed tone, that's no reason for you to be a Bengals fan. You don't have to be just like your parents all of the time. What if your mom played with bones and your dad was a dog catcher and an alcoholic? Then what would you be?"
"Then I'd be a Browns fan," Timmy said.
Alright here is a look at what you may have missed or overlooked from Tuesday.
- The Bengals now have ten former first and second round draft selections on defense. Now hopefully those former top draft selections will live up to their expectations and help guide the Bengals to some wins.'
- Cornerback Brandon Ghee has returned to practice.
- A Bengals scouting report for newly acquired safety Taylor Mays. Today the Bengals officially announced the acquisition of Mays and promptly released five players.
- Cam Newton is slated to be the starting quarterback against the Bengals on Thursday.
- Here's a look at the competitors for this year's fantasy football league.
- Pat Sims expects to return for the Bengals preseason finale against the Indianapolis Colts on September 1. Hopefully everything goes accordingly and we'll see Sims in action against Peyton Manning and the Colts.
- The suspect in the Antwan Odom shooting has turned himself in. The suspect is reportedly one of Odom's childhood friends.
- Former USC teammate Rey Maualuga believes Mays will be a great fit for the Bengals defense. Hopefully Maualuga is correct.
- A film review of the Bengals second half offensive highlights.
- Former Bengals offensive lineman Scott Kooistra suffered a serious neck injury that could very well end his career. My thoughts go out to Kooistra and I hope for the best for him.