CINCINNATI OH - AUGUST 15: Adam Jones #24 of the Cincinnati Bengals looks for room on a punt return during the preseason game against the Denver Broncos at Paul Brown Stadium on August 15 2010 in Cincinnati Ohio. The Bengals won 33-24. (Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty Images)
Game: Cincinnati Bengals (1-0) at Denver Broncos (0-1)
Series Leader: Broncos, 17-8
Streak: Broncos have won three of the past four, and eight straight at home
Coaches vs. Opponent: Lewis: 1-3. Fox: 1-2
Broadcast: CBS (2:15 PM MT): Spero Dedes, Steve Beuerlein. SIRIUS: 91 (Cin.), 94 (Den.). XM: 227 (Den.).
SB Nation: Mile High Report | SB Nation Game Coverage
NFL.com: Game Center
Weather: Chance of thunderstorms and 69 degrees at kickoff. [WeatherUnderground.com]
- Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton became the first Bengals rookie to start the franchise's first regular season game since Greg Cook in 1969 last week.
- Quarterback Bruce Gradkowski posted one touchdown and no picks in the fourth quarter against the Browns, recording a passer rating of 113.2.
- Running back Cedric Benson posted his 13th career 100-yard rushing game since joining the Bengals. Cincinnati is 11-2 (.846) in those games.
- Wide receiver Jerome Simpson is averaging 97 yards receiving per game in his past three starts.
- Tight end Jermaine Gresham posted his fifth career touchdown reception against the Browns last week.
- Defensive end Michael Johnson recorded his first career interception last week against the Browns.
- Linebacker Thomas Howard has three career interceptions against the Broncos; most against any opponent.
- Safeties Reggie Nelson and Chris Crocker each posted a quarterback sack last week against the Browns; Nelson registered a team-high nine tackles against Cleveland.
- Denver is aiming to post their third straight win against the Bengals.
- Quarterback Kyle Orton, who recorded a 100.7 passer rating in his last outing against the Bengals, posted his 10th career 300-yard game last week against Oakland.
- Orton has a 21-10 record as a starter at home.
- Running back Willie McGahee averages 91.4 yards rushing per game when he reaches over 15 rushing attempts.
- Wide receiver Brandon Lloyd needs 93 yards receiving to reach 4,000 career yards receiving.
- In his past nine home games, Lloyd is averaging 86.7 yards receiving per game.
- Wide receiver Edie Royal needs 11 receptions to reach 200 for his career.
- Rookie Von Miller posted a forced fumble in his NFL debut against the Raiders.
- In his last game against the Bengals (12.24.2006), Elvis Dumervil registered a quarterback sack, forced fumble and recovery.
- Linebacker Wesley Woodyard posted an interception in his last meeting against the Bengals.
- Defensive end Jason Hunter registered his 11th career sack last week.
- Safety Brian Dawkins led the team with eight tackles against Oakland.
- During Denver's regular season opener, wide receiver Eric Decker posted 181 yards total (53 yards receiving and 128 punt return yards), including a 90-yard punt return for a touchdown.
TEAM RANKINGS (2011)
|Total||294.0 (24th)||310.0 (23rd)|
|Scoring||27th (t-12th)||20 (t-20th)|
|Third Downs||41% (14th)||46% (t-7th)|
|Rushing||139.0 (9th)||38.0 (32nd)|
|Rushing TDs||1 (t-4th)||0 (t-19th)|
|20-Yard Runs||1 (t-5th)||0 (t-18th)|
|Passing||155.0 (t-27th)||272.0 (13th)|
|Passing TDs||2 (t-7th)||1 (t-20th)|
|Sacks Allowed||4 (t-20th)||5 (t-28th)|
|20-yard Passes||5 (t-7th)||3 (t-18th)|
|Total||285.0 (6th)||289.0 (7th)|
|Scoring||17 (t-9th)||23 (15th)|
|3rd Downs Allowed||27 (8th)||36 (15th)|
|Rushing||83.0 (14th)||190.0 (31st)|
|Rushing TDs||0 (t-1st)||1 (t-15th)|
|20-Yard Runs||0 (t-1st)||3 (32nd)|
|Passing||202.0 (12th)||99.0 (2nd)|
|Passing TDs||2 (t-14th)||1 (t-6th)|
|Sacks||2 (t-17th)||1 (t-26th)|
|QB Rating||70.1 (5th)||86.4 (15th)|
|20-Yard Passes Allowed||2 (t-6th)||0 (t-1st)|
|Interceptions||1 (t-4th)||0 (t-21st)|
|Kickoff Return||23.0 (t-16th)||-|
|Punt Return||15.0 (t-6th)||-|
|Punting (Net)||38.0 (11th)||31.3 (28th)|
|Punts Inside the 20||2 (t-4th)||1 (t-13th)|
CAREER AGAINST THE BRONCOS