SAN FRANCISCO, CA - SEPTEMBER 11: Frank Gore #21 of the San Francisco 49ers runs with the ball during their season opener against the Seattle Seahawks at Candlestick Park on September 11, 2011 in San Francisco, California. (Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)
Game: San Francisco 49ers (1-1) at Cincinnati Bengals (1-1)
Series Leader: 49ers, 8-3
Streak: 49ers have won four of the past six
Coaches vs. Opponent: Lewis: 1-1. Harbaugh: 0-0
Broadcast: FOX (1:00 PM ET): Ron Pitts, Jim Mora, Jennifer Hale (Field reporter). SIRIUS: 139 (SF), 149 (Cin.). XM: 232 (Cin.).
SB Nation: Niners Nation | SB Nation Game Coverage
NFL.com: Game Center
Weather: Chance of rain, 62 degrees at kickoff [Weather Underground]
- Bengals are looking for their third consecutive home win against the 49ers.
- Rookie quarterback Andy Dalton is looking to post his third consecutive 100-plus passer rating (102.4, 107).
- Since 2009 Bengals running back Cedric Benson is averaging 97.6 yards/game at home.
- A.J. Green and Andy Dalton became the first rookie teammates in NFL history to combine for 10 completions in a single game (last week against the Denver Broncos).
- Green is looking to post a touchdown in his third straight game.
- Jerome Simpson posted a career-high 136 yards receiving against the Broncos. In five NFL starts, Simpson has posted at least 100 yards receiving in three (124, 123 and 136).
- Bengals linebacker Thomas Howard leads the team with 16 tackles this season.
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
- The 49ers haven't posted a fumble give-away yet this season.
- Quarterback Alex Smith ranks second in the NFC with a 70.5 completion percentage.
- Smith has 18 passing touchdowns in 11 games against the AFC.
- In his only meeting against the Cincinnati Bengals, running back Frank Gore rushed for 138 yards.
- In his past six games against the AFC, Gore averaged 126.3 yards from scrimmage and four touchdowns.
- Since the start of the 2006 season, Gore is second in the NFL with 8,100 yards from scrimmage.
- Since the start of the 2009 season, tight end Vernon Davis has 20 touchdowns, most among NFL tight ends. During that time Davis has the second most yards receiving by an NFC tight end.
- Wide receiver Braylon Edwards has five receiving touchdowns against the Bengals, second-most against an opponent (6, Miami).
- Cornerback Termaine Brock aims to post an interception in his third straight game.
TEAM RANKINGS (2011)
|Total||338.0 (19th)||207.5 (31st)|
|Scoring||24.5 (t-13th)||28.5 (t-9th)|
|Third Downs||29% (t-24th)||32% (23rd)|
|Rushing||105.5 (15th)||79.5 (26th)|
|Rushing TDs||1 (t-17th)||2 (t-6th)|
|20-Yard Runs||1 (t-12th)||0 (t-22nd)|
|Passing||232.5 (18th)||128.0 (29th)|
|Passing TDs||4 (t-7th)||2 (t-23rd)|
|Sacks Allowed||6 (t-22nd)||6 (t-22nd)|
|20-yard Passes||10 (t-6th)||4 (t-24th)|
|Total||301.5 (9th)||345.5 (t-17th)|
|Scoring||20.5 (8th)||22 (t-12th)|
|3rd Downs Allowed||33% (t-12th)||38% (15th)|
|Rushing||107.0 (16th)||54.5 (1st)|
|Rushing TDs||1 (t-5th)||0 (t-1st)|
|20-Yard Runs||0 (t-1st)||0 (t-1st)|
|Passing||194.5 (8th)||291.0 (25th)|
|Passing TDs||4 (t-17th)||5 (30th)|
|Sacks||4 (t-19th)||6 (t-16th)|
|QB Rating||85.9 (11th)||89.0 (14th)|
|20-Yard Passes Allowed||4 (t-4th)||9 (t-25th)|
|Interceptions||1 (t-19th)||3 (t-4th)|
|Kickoff Return||23.0 (t-13th)||43.8 (1st)|
|Punt Return||7.3 (t-19th)||15.2 (5th)|
|Punting (Net)||37.6 (15th)||49.5 (1st)|
|Punts Inside the 20||4 (t-3rd)||2 (t-14th)|
CAREER AGAINST THE 49ERS