Good morning Bengals Nation! It's another day in the office, which means being stuck in a cubicle for nine hours watching the clock tick away while your anticipation of getting out of the office is eating away at you. But hey that's life. We all have to make a living somehow.
Alright so this Sunday the Bengals are going to be taking on the Buffalo Bills. And well, it might not be as "easy" of a victory as we all believed it would be. Buffalo did just hand New England an embarrassing loss. I mean, come on, who really expected Ryan Fitzpatrick and company to defeat Justin Bieber...... I mean Tom Brady. Sorry I can't tell the difference between the two.
Yes, the game is a winnable one for the Bengals, but the Bills haven't looked that bad so far this season. If the Bengals want to win then Dalton is going to have to regain the confidence he had against Denver. Also the running game is going to have to do something. We know we can't solely rely on Dalton to carry the Bengals to victory. It's a team effort last time I checked. And if that's still the case, then that means the defense is going to have to hold up their end of the deal by limiting the amount of damage that Buffalo does.
We'll see what happens during practice this week. If either team loses key players then, depending on who it is, it could play a key factor into the outcome of the game.
Alright here is a look at what you may have missed or overlooked from Monday.
- Every season, no matter what the sport is, the head coach or manager of every team is going to make a poor decision. However, for Marvin Lewis, he made a very poor decision to sit on the ball before halftime of Sunday's game against the 49ers, which could be factored into the Bengals home opener being spoiled.
- If you're like me, then you love to analyze any and all statistics that fall in your lap. Well here is a look at both sides of the statistical coin from Sunday's Bengals game.
- With eight players being suspended for legal trouble stemming from the offseason, Andrew Whitworth voiced his displeasure with the NFLPA.
- Only three games into the season and there has been a trend with the running attack for the Bengals. For the most part it's Cedric Benson or nothing. And Kevin Huber is on pace to break a Bengals punting record.
- Despite his alleged involvement in a drug investigation, Jerome Simpson is expected to practice this week.
- Take a look at the Bengals best offensive possession against the Niners.
- Rey Maualuga believes Bengals fans have every right to not purchase game tickets. I couldn't agree more. With the price of tickets and the team's performance, it makes it difficult to want to go out and support the team. But that won't stop me from cheering them on.
- Rumblings from around the league about the Bengals match-up against the 49ers.
- With his performance on Sunday, Andre Caldwell proved that he is capable of being the No. 2 receiver for the Bengals.
- As expected, the attendance for the Bengals home opener was small. There were over 22,000 seats left unoccupied during the contest.