Oy vey. For once, I'm glad the game was blacked out. I have Game Rewind and I could watch it if I wanted. I don't want to. I'm sorry, San Fran is not as horrible as they used to be, but they are not a good team. We should have been able to do better than this. Even if we still didn't win, we should have at least managed one offensive touchdown and cracked the 10-point line.
Oh well. On to the next week. I was hoping we'd come into this week at 2-1 because after Buffalo destroyed us last year and now even beat New England, I have absolutely zero faith in our guys to be able to pull off the upset. Oh I'll be absolutely delighted if I turn out to be wrong. But who here really thinks I will be. Anybody?
Well hopefully we can at least put some touchdowns on the board this week. Fitzy threw two INTs last week against a defense that might well be even worse than ours, so we've got a chance to get some turnovers. And Buffalo's defense isn't superstar-quality either, so hopefully our offense can at least punch it in once or twice. Or maybe more if we're really lucky.
Scoring recap post from last week is repeated below the jump as well as the summary version of the rules. (Review the original full write-up of the rules here if you like.) Pick your player in the comments and have fun!
Hmm. Well it looks like the scoring is going to be very easy for us today. No offensive TDs means only defensive fumbles caused and recovered could get us points. [Well an INT or a defensive score could have scored for us too… or a kick block. Unfortunately, nobody on our team got any credit for the intentional safety, and none of the others happened. This means we were stuck with no other defensive point options than the fumbles.] And only Jonathan Fanene recovered a fumble, but nobody picked him. This fumble was caused by Rey Maualuga, and two people (Jordan G and The Dealio) picked him. Domata Peko also caused another fumble, but unfortunately San Fran recovered that, so it doesn’t count.
With 52 unique picks we had a max possible score of 51. With two players picking Rey and his forced fumble worth half a point, that means our two scoring players got 25 points.
Added to previous standings, this gives us a week 3 leaderboard of:
1. The Dealio – 147 pts
2t. duffmane – 125 pts
2t. TruWhoDey – 125 pts
3. bill schwab – 122 pts
4. biggie22 – 106 pts
5t. diehard bengals fan 20 – 72 pts
5t. Grizzlyfox – 72 pts
5t. Cry – 72 pts
5t. bengalsfanforlife – 72 pts
5t. ephram – 72 pts
5t. LookingDeep – 72 pts
6t. Boomer Lion – 70 pts
6t. BonnieBengal – 70 pts
6t. Paul Cannon – 70 pts
6t. i am will – 70 pts
6t. Cedric Benson Boat Party – 70 pts
6t. Aether – 70 pts
6t. jim0ijk – 70 pts
6t. James Schmid the great – 70 pts
6t. JADefense – 70 pts
6t. Mr. X – 70 pts
6t. K312 – 70 pts
6t. Joe Goodberry – 70 pts
6t. JerseyBengal – 70 pts
6t. Throw the ball – 70 pts
6t. BradDwayne – 70 pts
6t. CincyMike56 – 70 pts
6t. Pardon_My_French – 70 pts
6t. emeybee – 70 pts
7t. jimbasa – 53 pts
7t. ItsAlwaysSunnyInDayton – 53 pts
8t. MCSubtext – 52 pts
8t. Richard L – 52 pts
8t. FriarBob – 52 pts
9. ThreeofSpades – 28 pts
10. 70sav – 27 pts
11. Jordan G – 25 pts
Here is a quick recap of the rules.
- Pick one player (Make it easy on me, make him the title of your post. Both first and last name please, and please try to avoid nicknames or blatant misspellings.) who is NOT officially listed as a QB, P, or PK on the roster.
- An offensive score is worth one point per participant who did not pick your player.
- A defensive player is worth 2/1/0.5 point(s) per participant who did not pick your player based on if he 2) actually scored, 1) gained possession of the ball for the team but didn't actually score, or 0.5) allowed the Bengals to gain possession by causing a fumble (or blocking a kick) that another Bengals player recovered. Sacks or tackles behind the line of and by themselves are not worth anything unless they are a strip-sack (0.5 points if we recover) or they are also a safety (2 points). All half-points will be rounded down. A blocked FG is always 0.5 for the blocker, a blocked punt is the same unless the blocker is the only person (on either team) to touch the ball before it becomes a safety (in which case it becomes 2 points).
- You score the maximum possible points for your player but only one time. So a defensive player who forces an opponent's fumble that Cincinnati recovers and recovers another opponent's fumble at a different point in the game is worth 1x points (not 1.5x cumulative).
- Keep commentary to the bare minimum please.
- Predictions on how they will score are not required, and if you provide one they don't net you any bonus if you are right nor do they detract if you are wrong (so long as they do actually score by game rules).
- Try to be original yet still pick somebody you think has a realistic chance to score or cause a turnover.
- Only ONE (1) player entry per contestant, per week is allowed. Unless your first player was on the roster at the start of the week and is put on IR/cut/traded before the next week, your first comment is your player, so pick carefully.
- Deadline for player entries each week is THIRTY (30) minutes prior to kickoff.