Game: Cincinnati Bengals (0-0) at Cleveland Browns (0-0)
Series Leader: Bengals, 39-36
Streak: Bengals have won four out of the last five
Coaches vs. Opponent: Lewis: 11-5. Shurmur: 0-0
Broadcast: CBS (1:00 PM ET): Kevin Harlan, Solomon Wilcots. SIRIUS: 106 (Cin.), 113 (Cle.). XM: 233 (Cle.).
SB Nation: Dawgs by Nature
NFL.com: Game Center
Weather: Partly cloudy with a temperature of 70 degrees at kickoff. [WeatherUnderground.com]
- The Bengals have won two of the past three against the Browns in Cleveland.
- Marvin Lewis is the entering his ninth season as the longest tenured head coach in franchise history.
- Running back Cedric Benson is averaging 92.2 yards per game against the Browns (461 yards, 5 games).
- Running back Bernard Scott is averaging 5.1 yards/rush against the Browns for his career (34 attempts, 175 yards).
- Wide receiver Andre Caldwell posted 89 yards receiving in his last game against the Browns.
- Tight end Jermaine Gresham and wide receiver Jordan Shipley tied for third in rookie receptions in the NFL last season.
- Cornerback Nate Clements, making his Bengals debut, has 33 career interceptions.
- Defensive end Carlos Dunlap tied a career-best two quarterback sacks in his last game against the Cleveland Browns.
- Cornerback Leon Hall has five career interceptions against the Browns; most against any team.
- Head coach Pat Shurmur will make his NFL debut as a head coach.
- In his only meeting against the Cincinnati Bengals, quarterback Colt McCoy completed 19 of 25 passes for 243 yards passing and two touchdowns (a career-best 132.6 passer rating).
- Running back Peyton Hillis posted a career-best 11 rushing touchdowns in 2010, joining Hall of Famers Jim Brown and LeRoy Kelly as the only Browns players to rush for 11 touchdowns a season.
- Tight end Benjamin Watson has a career-high 763 yards receiving in 2010, joining Hall of Famers Kellen Winslow, Ozzie Newsome and Milt Morin as the only Browns tight ends with 700 yards receiving or more in a second.
- Watson posted 13 receptions for 152 yards in his previous two games against the Bengals.
- Wide receiver Brian Robiskie had a career-best 82 yards receiving during previous game against the Bengals.
- Tackle Joe Thomas will make his 65th consecutive start dating back to 2007.
- Cornerback Joe Haden posted six interceptions last season; most by a rookie since 2001 (Anthony Henry).
TEAM RANKINGS (2010)
|Total||330.6 (20th)||289.7 (29th)|
|Scoring||20.1 (22nd)||16.9 (31st)|
|Third Downs||39% (17th)||37% (19th)|
|Rushing||95.1 (27th)||102.9 (20th)|
|Rushing TDs||9 (t-29th)||13 (t-12th)|
|20-Yard Runs||3 (t-last)||7 (t-25th)|
|Passing||235.4 (13th)||186.8 (29th)|
|Passing TDs||26 (t-11th)||13 (30th)|
|Sacks Allowed||28 (t-8th)||36 (t-17th)|
|20-yard Passes||45 (t-16th)||42 (t-24th)|
|Total||332.0 (15th)||350.1 (22nd)|
|Scoring||24.7 (24th)||20.8 (13th)|
|3rd Downs Allowed||38% (14th)||43% (28th)|
|Rushing||115.2 (19th)||129.4 (27th)|
|Rushing TDs||15 (t-24th)||7 (t-4th)|
|20-Yard Runs||17 (t-29th)||10 (t-10th)|
|Passing||216.8 (t-14th)||220.7 (18th)|
|Passing TDs||21 (t-7th)||26 (t-24th)|
|Sacks||27 (t-27th)||29 (t-25th)|
|QB Rating||85.2 (19th)||84.8 (17th)|
|20-Yard Passes Allowed||47 (16th)||49 (19th)|
|Interceptions||16 (t-14th)||19 (t-8th)|
|Kickoff Return||21.8 (t-20th)||17.0 (32nd)|
|Punt Return||7.2 (25th)||10.7 (11th)|
|Punting (Net)||38.2 (t-12th)||39.0 (9th)|
|Punts Inside the 20||29 (t-8th)||28 (t-11)|
CAREER AGAINST THE BROWNS