Good morning Bengals Nation! It's time to rise and shine on this relatively freezing morning. It's time to dash off to work or school before anyone notices that you aren't there. Is it me, or is it way too early to be awake right now? Yeah it is, enough said. Anyways, if you're like me, someone who is a zombie before noon then grab yourself two gallons of coffee and wake up.
The Bengals did it. They made the playoffs, something that none of us could fathom before the season started. Andy Dalton has already led the Bengals to half as many playoff appearances as Carson Palmer did during his seven years as a Bengal. Hopefully this isn't going to be a fluke. Instead, let's hope that this is going to be the beginning of sustained success for the Bengals. As we all know, this franchise has seen more than it's fair share of downs.... cough cough the 90's.
The Bengals will travel to Houston to take on the Texans during the first round of the playoffs. And guess what. This is a very winnable game for Cincinnati. The Texans are already without their first and second string quarterbacks. The key for the Bengals will be to stop the running game. The Texans have possibly the most dynamic running duo in the league in Arian Foster and Ben Tate. If the Bengals can limit the damage from this combination then they will hopefully be in decent shape to win their first playoff game in my lifetime. But the biggest thing is that the Bengals are going to have to be able to stop the Texans from making any last minute comebacks. We shall see what happens this weekend for the Bengals as they pursue a win over the Texans.
Alright here is a look at what you may have missed or overlooked from Monday.
- Here is the final GM Report Card for the Cincinnati Bengals.
- Take a look at what other's from around the league are saying after Cincinnati's loss to the Ravens.
- Take a look at the Monday Touchdown.
- And with the Bengals in the playoffs, it's time for Bengals fans to unite.
- With the Bengals taking on the Houston Texans in the first round of the playoffs, let's flashback to what happened to their first match-up from earlier in the season. It's one that we all would love to forget.
- As if any of us care, but former Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer predicts a win for the Bengals this weekend.
- For the first time in 2011 four Bengals defensive veterans will go to the playoffs.
- The 2012 Bengals opponents have been announced.
- On Sunday there were two runs that pretty sank the Bengals chances of defeating the Baltimore Ravens. If it weren't for those two runs then the Bengals undoubtedly would have won.